Author Topic: Electric Motorcycle sales and Cracker Barrel charging stations  (Read 1244 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Electric Motorcycle sales and Cracker Barrel charging stations
« on: December 25, 2010, 06:55:53 PM »
There were some interesting items in my newspaper today:

An article titled "Electric Vehicles, more than just cars", states that: "Despite all of the recent hype about electric cars, they make up only about half of the electric vehicle market, says IDTechEx chairman Peter Harrop. He told the audience at the recent opening session of the Future of Electric Vehicles conference in San Jose, CA, that this will likely continue, with two-wheelers such as scooters, motorcycles and "e-bikes" making up a large portion of the other half of the EV market. Good news for Brammo!   :)

Meanwhile, Cracker Barrel Old Country Store outlets in Tennessee will install EV recharging stations at 24 of its old times-themed restaurants across the state. They will receive Blink's DC Fast Charge stations, allowing diners to charge their plug-in EVs to 80% capacity within about 20 minutes, about the time it takes to order and eat a meal. Their other 12 restaurants will received Blink's EV Level 2 charging station, which gives a slower charge, affording customers quality time browsing in their retail shop. This plan was inspired by the company's founder who installed gasoline pumps in early store locations. Installation of the charging stations will be complete by  next summer.

An last and no doubt least, it is reported that though the death and injury rates for motorcycle riders in Nigeria is high, compliance with that country's helmet laws is very poor. This is because many riders fear "juju", which is the presence of supernatural spirits inside head coverings Juju captures a person's brain and takes it away.   :o  (You would think they could use tin foil or something to prevent the loss of their brains.   ::) )
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 07:05:30 PM by Richard230 »
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: Electric Motorcycle sales and Cracker Barrel charging stations
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 05:05:56 PM »
I'm always leery of any business that has the name "Cracker" in it even if it really sells crackers, but these guys sound like they are getting with the program.

And I always were my helmet WITH aluminum foil under it.