General > Victory Empulse

Not charging or turning on

(1/3) > >>

Bvolz:
I recently bought a Victory Empulse. It worked great for a few weeks but then this happened. We were out for a ride. I was running low on charge (18%) and almost to a charging station. Suddenly the charge level went to 0% but it still had power. I pulled into the charging station, turned the bike off and connected to the charger. It started charging and we walked away. A little while later I got a txt stating that the bike was taking very little charge and maybe it was finished charging. We walked back to the bike to find the display dark and the bike not charging. Turning the key to on did nothing. Next day I checked the fuses. The three fuses on the High Voltage side associated with the charging system were open. These are the 15a/125v fuses.

I

KaFr:
If the SoC suddenly drops, it is a sign of an imbalance between the upper and lower modules or the lower SoH of one of the modules.

When you were charging at the charging station, how many Amperes were shown on the display? We have a standard of 24A on the charging station and 17A via EVSE.

Bvolz:
Unfortunately I did not take notice of the Amperes on the display at the charging station. I do know that it is a 6.6 kw charging station. I know there is not much to go on here but what do you suggest my next steps are to bring this bike back online? 
Thanks for the reply.

EV promise:
Hi, sad to hear about your troubles. As the fault occurred during charging I'd remove the tank covers and look next to the 125v fuse box for the black and red Anderson connectors, you can follow the cable from the charger. The other side of the Anderson connectors go into the fuse box. Mine were melted but not burnt of touching. I replaced the connectors and have not charged from a post again. Hope this helps.

Bvolz:
I looked and looked and could not find the Anderson Connectors. Nothing smelled burnt when I came back to check on the bike. I am currently trying to uncover the + and - battery terminals to see what voltage the batteries have. I found and uncovered the + and - terminals on the steering end but haven’t been able to find the rear terminals yet. There is a lot of stuff in the way. My goal is to check the voltage currently in the batteries for piece of mind I guess.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version