Author Topic: Wrecked my Empulse R  (Read 3719 times)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Wrecked my Empulse R
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2015, 02:00:10 AM »
The Givi cases come off easily (unlock, push a button and lift) and go back on even more so: push onto the frame, done (with a positive snapping sound as it locks up).

I got a windshield about the same time as the cases and my mileage improved, so I can't tell you about their drag effect, but they're sculpted with plenty of rounded borders and probably sit inside the slipstream made by my legs.

I just went into the garage and one of my A* Toucan's size 11 boots will fit in each case, but not two in one case. (They're huge boots, but light.) Jeff's above look more sleek.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2015, 01:36:20 PM »
I wanted to give an update. Leg seems to be healing up fine. Still not walking with out a crutch yet tho. Still not sure if I'll be back riding this summer or not. I've been quiet about everything since I submitted a claim to Brammo to investigate the possibility if the recent recall is what led to the accident. After reviewing my telemetry from the USB drive they felt like it was not the cause. I don't think I am going to be following up with an attorney. So I'm left with no idea why the wheel stepped out at 10mph/half throttle on a clean road on a 50F day. I think I'm gonna have to get a GoPro to record every ride from now on just in case.

As for the after math of everything besides my physical injuries. I got a decent pile of bills to get through. The tow and holding of the bike is one of the most ridiculous and nothing my insurance will reduce. They held the bike for a full week as they wouldn't release it to my family without a notarized letter from me which was difficult as I was bed ridden and drug at the hospital for the first week. Medical bills are pretty steep too. The bike is getting taken care of by my insurance.

So to be honest I'm debating selling the Empulse R and getting a the new Yamaha R3. The price difference between the two will help me pay off my bills and still leave me with a bike. Maybe if Polaris releases a new Empulse I'll pick that up in a year or 2 time since this bike and its range will only get better with time. But who knows, I've still haven't made my discussion.

Finally here are some pictures of the damage and my new hardware.
[smg id=410]
[smg id=409]

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2015, 12:47:19 PM »
I had a little excursion with mine about 2 weeks after I got it.  Part of the damage was a bent shift lever as you mentioned, additionally the post on my shift lever snapped off.  I ended up welding on a folding dirtbike post after I straightened and annealed the bent lever.  It will have been on there 2 years in August and has worked great.  I'll post a picture when I get home.

I hope from your other post about the rearsets you're thinking about getting back on the road.  Cheers!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 03:28:46 PM by vtbrammorider »

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2015, 03:43:20 PM »
See attached

microluck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 08:11:05 PM »
Just had an incident with my Empulse in my neighborhood.  An industrial lawnmower for the HOA pulled out into the street right in front of me.  I jammed the brakes, but hit him and my bike went over on the right.  Have you been successful in getting replacement parts for the bike?  Looks like I might need a new headlight cowl (carbon set), brake fluid cover, hand brake lever, grips, right rearset, mirrors and maybe dash cover (scratched).

vtbrammorider

• Empulsive R2-D2
  • Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 08:18:11 PM »
I was able to replace all of those things although I didnt have to do the rearset or the instrument cover.  It was not cheap but can be done.  You should be able to get the brembo parts pretty much anywhere, they are common. I converted to woodcraft clipons at that point and it makes a huge difference in the aggressiveness of the bike. I also went with a bar end mirror.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 10:37:13 PM »
Parts still available: my headlight switch developed problems and a replacement came in today. A month or so ago, I received steering head bearings.

OTOH, I have no word when an out of stock set of front fork bushings will come in. I hope Polaris comes online soon.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 08:22:03 AM »
Dropped my bike off at Eurosports in PA a month ago. Needed a new handle bar (was bent a little from the accident), left side rear set. Been meaning to shoot them a call to get an update but keep putting it off. They didn't seem to feel like there would be an issue getting the parts, but its been a month so not sure what the hold up is.

microluck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 02:19:06 PM »
Where did you get the parts for your Empulses?  Did you call Brammo directly or were you able to get them through your old dealer or from a new Victory dealer?  I ask because my dealer just told me since they were dropped from the network, they can no longer get parts.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 02:59:50 PM »
Took it to my old dealer. Talked to a local Victory dealership and they arn't ready yet to handle the bike.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 08:05:24 PM »
Unless your dealer was dropped before the sale for some business or personal reason, all dealers were "dropped." Yet my local dealer still has microfiches, still communicates with Oregon, and can still get parts and has expressed a responsibility to do so.

If your dealer is indeed unable to get parts (and not just shirking), you may want to get in touch with Scuderia in San Francisco, or contact Brammo directly and explain your dilemma.

If Polaris is, in fact, going to release the Empulse TT in the year of 2015 as they've stated, the wait shouldn't be too much longer for a working parts supply chain and qualified technicians.

As an early adopter of the Empulse, I've learned not to hold my breath. ::)

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2015, 08:16:15 AM »
I've talked to my local Victory Dealer already about getting some parts. They said they will be ready to order at the start of October (nowish). So they seem to be moving at a decent pace to get ready to handle the bike. Gonna get me the windscreen and sliders on the victory website and maybe see if I can get my hands on the seat from the Victory Empulse.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2015, 09:26:47 AM »
I've talked to my local Victory Dealer already about getting some parts. They said they will be ready to order at the start of October (nowish). So they seem to be moving at a decent pace to get ready to handle the bike. Gonna get me the windscreen and sliders on the victory website and maybe see if I can get my hands on the seat from the Victory Empulse.
Who's this dealer out of curiosity, since you're local-ish.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2015, 10:18:15 AM »
Deptford Honda in NJ. http://www.dhy.com/

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2015, 12:00:15 PM »
Deptford Honda in NJ. http://www.dhy.com/
Sweet, here's hoping. Btw, let me know if you want to link-up for a ride before winter imposes itself, I'm just north of Center City.