Author Topic: Are you having difficulty getting parts for repairs  (Read 615 times)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Are you having difficulty getting parts for repairs
« on: August 17, 2020, 10:02:34 AM »
So I DM'd a well know electric motorcycle dealership just inquiring if they were selling Energica or Lightning Motorcycles. I've just been out of touch and thought they used to sell Energica. I thought if the YouTube brew-ha-ha over Lighting had proved not true, they might be offering them.

They reply I got was . . . disappointing. Although I feel it wasn't done in malice, and aimed at someone actively looking to buy a bike.

Anyway part of the the reply was to demonstrate that you want to be cognizant of if the company you are buying from might not last, and could leave you stranded if you need parts. The comment was made that Brammo owners could be having a hard finding parts right now.

My snarky response should have been, well if they had as many recalls as Zero has had over the years I'd be worried for them. But alas hind sight and all that.

So, considering Brammo's production was sold off to Polaris, and put under the Victory brand, that was then killed off. Is anyone having a hard time getting parts and support?

PaulHMartinez

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Are you having difficulty getting parts for repairs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2020, 11:01:00 AM »
Can't say for sure, but my assumption is pretty much anyone that needs parts or service.
 Not only is there no support for Empulse/Brammo but it seems they don't offer much for Victory, although getting parts are not as serious a problem, yet.
 Most former Victory dealers that were left high and dry (if they weren't already Indian dealers) will not go out of their way to service a Victory bike.  The dealer I purchased mine from never did and still doesn't sell Indian.
  They now sell Ural, Hysong and Zero.
And they have no ability or interest in repairing an Empulse. 

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Are you having difficulty getting parts for repairs
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 08:56:33 PM »
You can still find parts for Victory bikes you can order from places that sell Polaris parts or parts websites or ebay.  Most of the parts are compatible with the Brammo however much of the electronics were updated/changed like the VCU/BMS so a lot of the electronic parts won't transfer over unless you re-egineer it I suppose.  Luckily I haven't need to buy any parts yet...
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139