Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse FAQ

Correct tightening torque value for the rear axle nut

(1/2) > >>

KaFr:
I am very confused about the very high value of the tightening torque for the rear axle nut, which is given in the user and service manual for Victory Empulse TT.
The specified tightening torque is 70 ft lbs (95 Nm).  :o
This is almost twice as much as stated in the manuals for Brammo Empulse R or Brammo Enertia+ (40 ft lbs (55 Nm)) !!!

Am I correctly assuming that the manual for Victory Empulse TT contains an incorrect tightening torque value?

Shinysideup:
Whoa! That IS quite a difference!

IIRC, the Brammo value was considered atypically low by shop mechanics, but I have not definitive answer for you.

If I were you, I'd get in touch with Polaris, because erring either way could be what we'd call: VERY BAD.

Richard230:
A couple of my ICE motorcycles use rear axle tightening torque values of around 125 Nm. I have no idea why the torque needs to be that high. I wish they would use a lower torque and a cotter pin through the axle nut to make sure it doesn't loosen as was common back in the day.

HadesOmega:
I have removed and reinstalled the rear wheel and torqued it and never had problems with it.  Never had the wheel come off on the race track =P

KaFr:
Now I'm a little more confused.  :o :o :o
The rear axle nut tightening torque value is 40.5 ft lbs (55 Nm) on page 10.3!!! This is a different value than on page 2.17 (70 ft lbs (95 Nm)).
It will probably be best to measure the torque when loosening the nut or use a mark for the position of the tightened nut before loosening it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version