Author Topic: Who is going to Intermot 2012?  (Read 2226 times)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Who is going to Intermot 2012?
« on: September 15, 2012, 02:50:52 PM »
I am planning to pay the Brammo stand a visit at Intermot.
Will I meet any other Brammo enthusiasts there?
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Who is going to Intermot 2012?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 03:21:49 PM »
I wasn't aware Brammo was going this year. They usually hit EICMA in Milan.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Who is going to Intermot 2012?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »
The Belgium importer which I met during my Enertia test ride told me that the Empulse would see it's European debut there.

According to the exhibitor search they are there: (hall 08.1 stand F053)

http://www.intermot-cologne.com/en/intermot/ausstellersuche/suche/suche.php?stichwort=Brammo
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 04:42:02 PM by kingcharles »

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 07:14:42 AM »
Aww man, its just 200km from me, I have I buddy at whom I can sleep, Im on my semester break, I would have plenty of time - but i have to write an exam on the 2nd and 4th day of intermot. Fuck.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Who is going to Intermot 2012?
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 08:16:33 PM »
I just heard from the proverbial horse's mouth that they will be at both venues.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 02:36:54 PM »
If anybody is interested, here are the pictures I took during my visit yesterday:

http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCo6T4N

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 04:46:10 PM »
Oh yes, thank you so much :)
I was searching for some intermot-photos for quite some time now.

First note: The looks of the Zero S are just craptacular. Did you have any chance talking to some Brammo/Zero guys?

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2012, 08:02:39 AM »
Thanks very much for those pictures. I love that you were able to get so many detailed shots of the Zeros, which I haven't seen anywhere else.

That bike looks more polished than last year's.

It's good to see that they've moved the charging port away from the dirt. (It used to be facing forwards and near the ground.) And there's a cover for the plug that's attached to the bike.

It's also very nice to see that they provide a storage area, although I would have preferred something more secure. While I appreciate the lock for what is essentially a custom tank bag, anybody with a pair of scissors is going to defeat that lock in about two seconds when they cut the strap to the bag.

The iPhone mount could be useful. I presume that it's there to keep the phone handy when you connect to the bike via Bluetooth (which could be very useful, depending on what the phone app lets you do). I wonder how well it will protect the phone when it rains.

What did you think of the bikes at Intermot?
Richard #935 #595 #44

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 09:43:57 AM »
There were 2012 and 2013 Zero's at Intermot and I could clearly see a big leap in build quality. The gaps between panels are much smaller and everything just looks a lot better fit. The panels on the red XU looked like they were made from cheap plastic though. The improvements are mainly on the S and DS.
Also I noticed that the duo on a Zero S/DS will be more comfortable than on the back of an Empulse. The duo footpegs are a lot higher up on the Brammo. If you have a tiny girlfriend than the Brammo would be ok  :)
I was very impressed with the KTM Freeride, it looks production ready, but the KTM guy I talked to said that although this is version 2.0 of their EV program, there is still no plan to start producing it. But looked finished to me. Water cooled batteries and motor. They want to reach 1 hour ride time on this bike.
And the BMW C evolution prototype was available for a test ride  ;D, and wow that thing moves! 40KW really goes!
I also tried a variety of chinese scooters on the test track. And I can tell you: stay away from those! They feel dangerous at higher speeds.
The Empulse was good looking up close too! And I was allowed to sit on the bike and it's a great fit for me. Funny was that some bits were still mising, like the connecter of the headlights. VIN was #7 so still prototype?
But due to the delays I will probably have to settle for the 2013 Zero. I really liked the orange DS (KTM colour) ;)
I talked to one of the Brammo guys who was dealing with IET and he told me that they were going to start the production of the Engage this winter. This was a surprise as I had not heard anything about the Engage for a while.
They also are promoting the Brammo Parx where you can rent a mini moto by the minute. Cool concept, especially because they plan to have them near the city as sound pollution is no longer an issue.