General > Victory Empulse

Coolant leak from the motor

(1/4) > >>

+progress-:
I had put about 9,000 miles on my Empulse TT when I noticed a little puddle beneath the bike.  Upon closer inspection the yellowish liquid appeared to be coming from the motor.  I really hoped it would go away but the drips continued so I pulled off the bottom panel to get a better look.  The leak was coming from behind the coolant tube connection at the base of the motor.  No simple loose hose clamp to tighten.
Called up the dealer, made an appointment to drop it off and a few days later they told me the same thing they told PaulHMartinez... the motor needs to be replaced.  :o

Fortunately the bike is still under warranty until October so the repair/attempt to repair is covered! Whew!!!
I'm guessing it would have been $5,000 out of pocket parts/labor?

They were not able to repair Paul's bike so time will tell if the same happens to me.

At least two Empulse TT's that we know of with this same coolant leak motor failure!? :(

HadesOmega:
That sucks I'm about 3000 on mine.  Luckily nothing has happened. 

+progress-:
Nice to hear HadesOmega!  My bike was working nearly flawlessly except for a rare tach/speedo cluster malfunction but no system fault errors to speak of!  My Empulse R was always throwing error messages.

siai47:
If you are really stuck and out of warranty, the Parker motor for the Brammo (Victory) is available at the following link for $1995.  A tough call but at least they are there and someone bought a close out from either Polaris or the vendor. 

http://store.evtv.me/proddetail.php?prod=brammo 

HadesOmega:
That sucks to have to replace the whole motor for a coolant leak.  I'm sure the dealer is just saying replace the whole motor even though the problem could probably be fixed.  I used to have a 2004 Toyota Prius I got as a salvage car, the car would randomly not start up.  Apparently the car had been to the dealer I went to before and they knew about the problem and didn't mention it to us.  The dealer wanted to replace the WHOLE wiring harness for the hybrid powertrain for like $3000.  I took it to a shop that specializes in hybrid cars and they found the problem was that when the car was being put back together after the crash they didn't install a connector properly which caused the car to not start.  The tech found this out and fixed it and it was only like $200 labor to fix it. 

Fortunately they are replacing it under warranty.  If not I would take it somewhere else or try to fix it yourself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version