General > Victory Empulse

oil leak from motor

(1/2) > >>

beeks8:
When bike is on sideside, oil is dripping out plastic cover covering the electric motor.  not much, but enough to catch in a little container.  Currently I have ONLY just under 6200km (3800miles) on odometer.

I initially thought it was engine coolant, but confirmed it was oil.  Dealer had a quick look and it seems that the seal between the transmission and the motor has failed.  They said that they put in a warranty claim with Polaris.

I'll keep you guys posted on the outcome.....

HadesOmega:
When I went to go buy my Empulse they had 2 Empulses on the show room.  The other Empulse had an oil leak coming from the transmission, you could see drops of oil under it.  I think it's probably the same as your mentioning.  Good thing I didn't get that bike.

siai47:
There is no oil in the motor, only the transmission.  Most likely from either the output shaft or the shifter shaft.  It seems odd it would be coming from the plastic cover on the motor.  The closest thing to that cover that is "oil like" would be brake fluid from the clutch release servo. 

HadesOmega:
Actually now that you mention it that could be leaking also the clutch slave cylinder.  Is near where front sprocket cover is.  Does you clutch work fine?

Shinysideup:
I had one of the very early Brammo Empulse R's and it developed an oil leak after about 6 months. The local shop contacted Brammo who instructed them to change the transmission under warranty. No leaks since.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version