Author Topic: A Polaris motorcycle VP joins the Zero board  (Read 2244 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
A Polaris motorcycle VP joins the Zero board
« on: May 17, 2011, 08:13:55 PM »
Here is an article and some interesting speculation regarding a Polaris executive that has just joined the Zero board of directors and what it might mean to the company. The article also discusses the financial health of Zero, which seems to be a little shaky at the moment.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/oped/mark-blackwell-zero-motorcycles-board-of-directors/
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: A Polaris motorcycle VP joins the Zero board
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 10:36:55 PM »
Yikes!

As much as I want to see Brammo Bikes beat the pants off Zero at the races (MiniMotoSX 2012?), it would be a loss for us all if Zero disappeared.

Clearly, it takes more than a good bike to make it out in the real world. It certainly appears like Brammo knows what they are doing (like partnering with Flextronics), and they make awesome bikes, I just hope they don't screw up and end up as some asset to be broken up and sold by some soulless investment company.

Perhaps I'm being a doom-sayer, but that article didn't give me much to be optimistic about. :(
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2011, 10:03:05 AM »
One thought that I had is what if Polaris were to buy Zero and start selling them through their Victory and other power-sport dealers? That would be quite a combination. Polaris has a ton of money (they just bought the Indian Motorcycle Company, as an example - what are they going to do with that?) and lots of suppliers, dealers and distributors throughout the rest of the world. If they wanted to get into the electric motorcycle/power-sport business (such as electric snowmobile, personal water craft, lawn tractors  ;D, etc.) they could leapfrog Brammo in the field.

However, my guess is that it is going to take a while before they can get an idea of what is actually going on at Zero and what its potential future might be to a company like Polaris.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »
Looking for another thread....found this one...

One thought that I had is what if Polaris were to buy Zero merge with Brammo and start selling them through their Victory and other power-sport dealers? That would be quite a combination. Polaris has a ton of money (they just bought the Indian Motorcycle Company, as an example - what are they going to do with that?) and lots of suppliers, dealers and distributors throughout the rest of the world. If they wanted to get into the electric motorcycle/power-sport business (such as electric snowmobile, personal water craft, lawn tractors  Grin, etc.) they could leapfrog Brammo Zero in the field.

Great prediction and insight...just change Zero to Brammo and you got everything right...Guess Polaris looked at Zero and Brammo and went Brammo...

Gavin
« Last Edit: November 09, 2011, 12:26:02 PM by Gavin »