Author Topic: Empulse On the Road Date  (Read 1863 times)

machone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Re: Empulse On the Road Date
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2012, 03:44:28 AM »
I'm Holland based and #1283 so I'm hoping for a Global list!
Could the order numbers be global across all of their product line?  How many Enertia bikes have they sold?  I recently made a reservation and got an order number 1716 - are their really 1700 people waiting for the Empulse?  Could they have sold less than 1700 Enertias to date?  I have no idea what ballpark either of those numbers are in...
How did it work with the Enertia with respect to pre-orderers and waiting times? - I wasn't following back then!
Not long now

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »
are their really 1700 people waiting for the Empulse?

Considering that Brammo offered a free Empulse to one of the first 1000 pre-orders, there is no cost to pre-order, and it's been years since the pre-orders started, 1700 isn't all that impressive. Note that Brammo has over 6000 likes on Facebook, so a lot of people are aware Brammo and probably the Empulse too.

Nobody believes that all of those pre-orders are going to turn into real orders, so your bike will arrive sooner than your number would indicate. E.g. The Leaf charged a $100 pre-order fee and only 20%-40% turned into firm orders.

So I would say that there are not 1700 people waiting for the Empulse, or at least there aren't that many who will buy one.
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2012, 10:15:18 AM »
Could the order numbers be global across all of their product line?

Global, likely; across all product lines, unlikely. I believe they are separate lists - Gavin could comment, as he is on both the E+ and the Empulse list.

How many Enertia bikes have they sold?

Unknown - one person on elmoto claimed 50 Enertias sold, but did not back his claim with a source. I suspect the number is in the 100-300 range.

I recently made a reservation and got an order number 1716 - are their really 1700 people waiting for the Empulse?  Could they have sold less than 1700 Enertias to date?  I have no idea what ballpark either of those numbers are in...

Very likely there are 1700 people on the preorder list for the Empulse, though nearly all of them have placed a preorder with an expectation of a $10-14k bike. I would expect only a few hundred of those to turn into sales at $18-20k .. which may still be several months of production. Once the Empulse starts getting press, magazine reviews and whatnot, more interested buyers will turn up that weren't previously aware of the Empulse.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2012, 10:37:12 AM »
Global, likely; across all product lines, unlikely. I believe they are separate lists - Gavin could comment, as he is on both the E+ and the Empulse list.

Yes, No, Yes...

Global, Across product lines, Gavin could comment.

g