Author Topic: Empulse Production Date?  (Read 11004 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Empulse Production Date?
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »
Ah yeah, forgot about that post. Either way, somehow I feel much more comfortable with the idea of waiting another few months now that Brammo has given us some solid information. I must admit the Zero was looking pretty good when I saw them available for instant delivery at a dealer just down the street. The thing is, I couldnt feel comfortable going from a GSXR750 to an S, but I was thinking about getting the DS and keeping the Gixxer... I would love to have an off road capable motorcycle. So maybe after I get my Empulse I can buy a used 2010 zero DS to have some offroad fun with. Not sure the wife would be cool with that though...

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 23, 2012, 07:04:01 AM »
 :D
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #77 on: April 01, 2012, 04:21:39 PM »
I think the Empulse, if it keeps what we think is it's current suspension spec, will be compared to something more like a Ducati 748/749/848/799 to justify the price, compare torque curve instead of HP, and give an air of exclusivity.  It will fall short in the performance department, but will make a much more practical commuter as many of the old foggies on the internet screamed for riser bars as soon as they saw the clip-ons on the prototype.  If my Empulse comes with riser bars I'm sending it back!

I also feel that elmotos can't help but be fun weekend bikes and practical commuters.  And not everyone lives in California (a different country unto itself) or in major cities.  Actually, most people don't.  I think the Empulse will have a much bigger market, if these folks can be reached and educated. 

I am optimistic.  Looking at the positive feedback I am seeing in sales and in the media about the new Zeros, the Empulse should be really popular.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2012, 05:04:59 PM »
I was kind of hoping for a April Fools Day post under this thread.   ::)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2012, 05:37:30 PM »
I just got an email from Brammo saying they will start selling the Empulse in all Polaris's dealers in early July. It will come with options of bars (clip-on or riser), one or two space seats, 6 awesome colors, and 3 different models for 8K, 11K, and 14K (all with a 0% interest in up to 60 months).

Does that work for you, Richard?  ;D

Happy April Fools Day!!!

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2012, 05:39:46 PM »
If my Empulse comes with riser bars I'm sending it back!

Hear, hear! If they offer that, I hope it's an option. I want that cafe' racer look!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2012, 08:15:37 PM »

Ahem. You can just send it to me.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2012, 10:05:59 PM »

Hear, hear! If they offer that, I hope it's an option. I want that cafe' racer look!

Clip-ons for me too!

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 02, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »
I know that changing handlebars is not that expensive or complicated on a regular ICE. Would it be any different in an elmoto like the Empulse?
 ???

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 02, 2012, 06:28:04 PM »
I know that changing handlebars is not that expensive or complicated on a regular ICE. Would it be any different in an elmoto like the Empulse?
 ???

It's easier to go from bars to clip-ons since you probably won't have to change the cables.  Of course you'll also have two giant holes in your upper triple tree, but that's where you can put the GPS and radar detector mounts.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #85 on: April 03, 2012, 03:07:20 PM »
The Zero uses reasonably priced off-the-shelf parts where they could to cut costs. As an example, the "S" comes with IRC Road Winner tires, which sell for around $40 retail when on sale.

If you see a good deal on those tires, please post in the appropriate places. I've been fairly well pleased with them thus far, but I did a quick pass online and saw prices around $100/tire. At those prices I'll probably do some more research before replacing like with like.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 03, 2012, 04:43:31 PM »
It appears that IRC has upped their pricing game. A couple of years ago I was looking at their tires and they were really cheap, as I think they were made in China. The Road Winner IRC tires that came with my Electric Motorsport GPR-S were made in Thailand. But the Road Winner tires mounted on my Zero are made in Japan. That had to have increased their price substantially.  I wonder if IRC has been bought out by another company and has now entered the more upscale market?   ???

Their dirt tires are still pretty cheap, though.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.