Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Plus

Question for current Enertia owners about the back end...

(1/4) > >>

Gavin:
Can somebody tell me what this back end piece is for...behind the seat and tail light...

I ask because, while I love an area on the back to put a crate or such (I do come from the scooter world after all and we love cheap storage space)...well you can't carry anything there or it will block the brake light.

I suggest making the seat a bit longer and it could carry stuff behind the driver...maybe even a skinny passenger...

The new photos of the Enertia Plus show the driver (Brian?) only taking up the front of the seat as is...just add a bit more and you could bungie a sleeping bag and such easily...

Gavin

BrammoBrian:
Well, you're in luck!  Because we have new lockable Givi hardbags as an option... :)

That piece of plastic is to keep water and mud from coating your backside.  It's also required for mounting the license plate in a road legal position.  I do sit way forward on the seat, but I'm also only 5'9" and about 170lbs. 

Gavin:
Again, I remind everyone I suck at Photoshop...

But going from this:

to this:

should be doable and still look good.

It's not like similar bikes don't have this type seat:

A small, light bike similar in size and weight to the Enertia...Not that the Enertia Plus should try and be a Nighthawk, gah, no...but a bit more bench and a bit less dangly plastic piece on the back might be nice.
:)

Gavin

Brammofan:
Actually, that's pretty good, Gavin.  I think the concern with extending the seat like that would be the temptation to have a passenger sit on it.  Not sure that the frame could support it, and, of course, your range would suffer.

Still, I am tempted to change that shelf into a little luggage rack and to add (or move) the tail light module to the back end of it.

BrammoBrian:
Gavin,

Point taken, but as Brammofan eluded to, the cast aluminum structure that supports the seat ends where the seat ends.  The plastic piece that supports the license plate is only supported by sheet metal brackets that would not be able to carry much weight.  I do like Harry's idea, though, as you could move the taillamp and turnsignals backwards and build a steel rack in the space directly behind the seat for storage...

Unfortunately, as an OEM, these "simple" changes usually trigger all kinds of re-certification and configuration control headaches (which manifest themselves to the customer as quality issues), so there's really no such thing as a "simple" change.  Once the bike's in a customer's hands though... the sky's the limit as they say.  

Here's my point on the length of the seat... Some riders use every bit of it...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version