Author Topic: Empulse R’s Will Never Be Stolen  (Read 572 times)

Roland Stone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Empulse R’s Will Never Be Stolen
« on: October 28, 2014, 11:37:36 PM »
Been reading some of the “theft” posts in "Off Topic", and so maybe my Empulse won’t be stolen for parts anytime soon, but what about my $5,000 helmet or my Emilio Pucci tail bag or the Rizoma parts collection?  Whereas my Empulse steering lock is probably as effective a deterrent as some of the heavy-duty anti-theft stainless hardware on the market, I still think a burglar alarm like the Scorpio i900 with perimeter sensing and GPS tracking and a 125 decibel audio screamer would give pause to even the most determined thief looking to snatch something off your bike in crowded environment.

BUT, an alarm system of any sophistication requires a continuous albeit low-level (milliamps) power source for whatever reason not provided on the production Empulse, requiring a lot of messy imaginative ways around the problem, and ultimately just not worth the trouble that a continuous hot connection would easily solve.

Brammo’s response to my 12V continuous hot connection is, “there isn’t one”, and you can be damned sure that while they’ve got no propriety reservations suggesting all the latest aftermarket “farkles” to improve on their design limitations, they’re not going to tell you how to make a hot 12V connection, - liability, too busy, afraid you’re going to leave the lights on, what?.   

With all that electricity surging between the legs of Empulse riders, there’s got to be a way (irrespective warranty considerations) coming up with a hot connection, and with all the intelligent discussion I’ve come across in the Owner’s Forum, I can’t believe there’s no one in the owner’s community who could actually make one.  There has got to be a way, and there’s got to be someone clever enough to come up with a solution!  I’ve read several posts where owners have considered the 12V connection dilemma in their need for an electrical vest receptacle and such, so people are dancing close to the issue, but afraid to say the dirty word, - “hot connection”.

With all the electrical, electronic talent in the forum community, isn’t there someone out there who can offer an actual, step-by-step procedure for making a continuous hot 12V connection.  My other Empulse is an EFI Triumph Bonneville, and the Triumph “Rat.net” forum community led me, - walked me through every possible “farkle”, mechanical, electrical, and other technological project imaginable.  Maybe unfortunate I come to this forum with that experience, but it would be gratifying to discover there are some Empulse owners interested and capable of projects beyond installing the latest iteration of Rizoma add-ons.  We own these bikes.  If Brammo can venture into one-off racing projects, surely we should be able considering Tinkertoy projects as mundane as a hot connection without feeling we might offend Brammo sensibilities.  Problem is, I just don’t possess the electrical know-how and I need some "Rat.net" type community help if it’s out there.  If Elon Musk can send rockets into space, why can’t Empulse owners (owner) imagine a non-switchable 12V hot connection, or is that a project better left to Elon?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Empulse R’s Will Never Be Stolen
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2014, 04:25:19 AM »
Please don't post identical threads in two sub-forums.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki