Author Topic: My Dreams Come True? A Production Electric Harley?(photos and article links inc)  (Read 10343 times)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
I read one report that said the bike weighed 360 pounds.  That would sound more reasonable, considering the small battery pack and lack of an on-board charger.  Perhaps we are just dealing with typos and misinformation that is being circulated around the internet without being vetted?

Either that or there is really a Iron-Barrel Sportster engine under all of that plastic.   :o

Yes, Susan Carpenter claimed 360 pound weight (estimated) in her Autoblog article.

Because the LiveWire is a concept, not a production bike, Harley isn't providing complete specs for the bike nor giving members of the media full-length test rides. However, the company has let slip that the bike weighs around 360 pounds, less than half the gorilla-ish 800 pounds of a typical Harley. It takes about 3.5 hours to achieve a full battery using the company's Level 2 charger.

However, Sopfu's observations point to the 460 pound weight:

The bike felt heavier despite being 10 pounds lighter [than the Empulse], and the steering felt much lighter (too much, IMO).

Given that every other media report I have seen other media reports mention the heavier weight figure, and multiple comparisons between people that have ridden the Zero SR (4.3 seconds 0-60 per cycleworld in 50 kW 450 pound ZF14.2 trim) and the LiveWire (92 mph top speed = geared for acceleration, "less than 4 seconds" or "around 4 seconds" 0-60 with 55 kW) point to the heavier weight as well.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Well, that sure seems kind of heavy to me.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.