Author Topic: Team Industries Enters into Strategic Partnership with Brammo Inc.  (Read 1328 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
BAGLEY, Minn. & TALENT, Ore.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--TEAM Industries, a market leader in drivetrain technology, and Brammo Inc., a leading electric vehicle technology company, have entered into a strategic partnership. As part of this partnership, TEAM Industries will become an investor in Brammo Inc. TEAM Industries will also work in partnership with Brammo to design and develop world-class electric vehicle drivetrains for the next generation of electric vehicles.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20140707005162/en/Team-Industries-Enters-Strategic-Partnership-Brammo#.U7wH8ssZ4nJ
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Adan

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Team Industries Enters into Strategic Partnership with Brammo Inc.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 11:16:17 AM »
Sounds like a better gearbox may be in the offing.  The current one works well enough, but only because you don't have to use it constantly!  Room for improvement there.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 11:48:10 AM »
I was thinking of new motor and EV components to take on Mission Motors as a major supplier of EV goodness....

But shifty could be in the works too...

With High Voltage systems, will we see many shifty EV bikes?

G

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2014, 05:25:47 PM »
My guess is they are working together as complete EV power-train supplier, like Mission and MotoCzysz dabble in. Or perhaps less likely, could see a motor supplied by TEAM in the RR. I think we all know the RR is definitely gonna see production. Not if but when is the question. Speaking of which, it would be cool if Brammo pulls a hat trick by announcing a production bike this year. One could only hope.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2014, 09:02:15 PM »
I would be very tempted by an RS (RR for the street). Or RT2S (Race Track to Street).

Don't "need" the power, but would be a sweet sweet ride.

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 08:40:18 AM »
More info here:
http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/news/brammo-team-industries-strategic-partnership-investment/

“We’re working on a few projects already, though we’re not quite ready to announce specifically what they are, but there is a broad spectrum from what they can do,” said Bramscher. “Anything that has a casting, they can help us with. Anything that has a gear, they can help us with. We’re still working out details and prioritizing projects.”
Bramscher would not confirm that TEAM would be involved in developing further Brammo’s Integrated Electric Transmission, which can currently be found on the Brammo Empulse motorcycle, but TEAM’s experience with CVT technology and other gearbox types is certainly a good indication on the kind of resources that Brammo can draw upon from this strategic partnership.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 09:04:30 AM »
Very interesting stuff.
Well, they can consider one RS sold. I have already made up my mind.

Who knows what they are up to though. Brammo is running an insanely tight ship over there... no leaks to be found :(.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 09:06:50 AM »
Well, they can consider one RS sold. I have already made up my mind.

Great to hear! May I assume Ms.EmpulseRider has given her stamp of approval to that. ;)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 09:32:34 AM »
Great to hear! May I assume Ms.EmpulseRider has given her stamp of approval to that. ;)

Ummm, not officially... :D

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 07:58:25 PM »
I wouldn't be surprised to see a gearbox fitted to the RR first. Brammo tends to lead production with their prototype bikes where possible.

Interestingly, the Formula E racecars use a Hewland sequential gearbox, though it's unclear how many gears it actually has (I've seen two, four, and five speeds claimed). You can hear it in action here:

I wouldn't get too excited about anything yet though .. this seems like an investment deal first, and perhaps a product / process deal second.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2014, 08:17:55 PM »
Here is another article regarding Brammo's latest sales and partnerships moves:

http://cleanrider.com/brammo-also-move/
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

JP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2014, 10:03:37 PM »
The Formula E have 5 gears:
"Hewland Engineering's five-speed gearbox was specifically designed for the SRT_01E, but which naturally employs many components shared with existing models in the company’s line, according to a spokesman.

It uses a pneumatic paddle shift system, and because the electric motor can reverse its direction, the gearbox carries no reverse gear. The transmission was optimized for durability, with high rpm and high torque in mind. The casing is magnesium and incorporates attachment points for wheel tethers and rear crash structure."

The same gear ratios have to be used for the whole season.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2014, 10:06:58 PM by JP »

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2014, 02:31:54 AM »
In one of my interviews with Brian he quietly mentioned, and I am paraphrasing from memory so . . ., that even the RR could benefit from a gearbox. I think Indy was proof of that, although for some reason I think Shelina or someone felt that was false. But a move from Italian made SMRE transmissions to US made ones makes sense.

As far as a street version of the RR, I am starting to shy away from that theory a bit. Someday they will have a liter bike slayer. I just don't think it's 2015 or 2016.