Author Topic: Brammo Riders of Southern California Launched  (Read 1569 times)

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Brammo Riders of Southern California Launched
« on: August 02, 2010, 07:19:28 PM »
If you live in Southern California and ride a Brammo or want to ride a Brammo, then this is news so that's why I put it here.

I started a Facebook page called, Brammo Riders of Southern California.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brammo-Riders-of-Southern-California/140503792639481?v=info#!/pages/Brammo-Riders-of-Southern-California/140503792639481?v=wall

You don't have to own a Brammo yet to be a part of the group. I don't - but I will.

There are 6 people on this site (BrammoForum) that have registered their area as being in Southern California. There are probably a few more that chose not to list where they reside, but may reside in SoCal.

Hopefully over time we will get more people to own the bike and be able to have group rides or something interesting.

So why have a person that does not yet have a Brammo start a Brammo Riders organization? My only answer is that I really am impressed with the company and have firm plans on getting a Brammo in the future and I think there at least needs to be a skeleton of a group started so that there is the possibility it will build into something cool and fun. Since nobody else has done it, I thought I would.

I posted my background and elaborated on my reasons to make the group in the discussion area of the site. If you want to find out more about it check that discussion at:

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=140503792639481&topic=173

It may be early still in the life of Brammo, but I think KNOW over the next year or so there are going to be many more Brammo riders in the L.A. and Southern California area and we'll be ready for them.

So, check it out and join the page and post pictures and ride experiences or at least check in every month or so and see how we are doing with the numbers.

Kelly Olsen
« Last Edit: August 02, 2010, 07:21:02 PM by Kelly »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Riders of Southern California Launched
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 08:48:59 PM »
Very cool, Kelly.  Two itsy bitsy comments:
1.  It's the Brammo Empulse, not the "Impulse."
2.  Please, oh please, change the picture into one which shows the current production model of the Enertia, not the prototype that is the current profile pic.

Generally, I think the idea of a Facebook group is fantastic!  I know you say it's for current owners and wanna be owners in SoCal... can I be a current owner who would like, one day, to live in SoCal and be a member, too?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 04:40:46 AM »
Very cool, Kelly.  Two itsy bitsy comments:
1.  It's the Brammo Empulse, not the "Impulse."
2.  Please, oh please, change the picture into one which shows the current production model of the Enertia, not the prototype that is the current profile pic.

Generally, I think the idea of a Facebook group is fantastic!  I know you say it's for current owners and wanna be owners in SoCal... can I be a current owner who would like, one day, to live in SoCal and be a member, too?

Yes, it is the "Empulse" and it was spelled correctly in the discussion section but I hit the wrong key on the main page. Thanks for catching it. I also changed the profile pic so I hope your blood pressure can level out a bit. Is the picture there better now? I was really concentrating on finding an Enertia in action and not just static so the actual version of the bike was not on my radar, but I'm happy to put one up that you like.

Bring your bike out here and I'll take a picture of you driving along the Pacific Coast Highway with the Pacific Ocean in the background and we'll use that as our profile pic!

And as far as you being a member of the group: Of course!

Southern California is as much a State Of Mind as it is a physical place. So, if you can get your mind into that space (you know, palm trees, beaches, convertibles playing the Beach Boys, actors and actresses every 3 feet, over priced property values, floods, fires and earth quakes) you can easily be a member.

Join us!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 05:33:44 AM »
Phew!  Blood pressure dropping to normal levels.  :D

Dude... I'm a member of BRoSC. Radical.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 05:36:09 PM »
Phew!  Blood pressure dropping to normal levels.  :D

Dude... I'm a member of BRoSC. Radical.

Now get yourselves and your bikes out here or just yourselves and you can use Harlan's Enertia and I'll take a picture of you driving past the world famous Pink's Hot Dogs which is just a few blocks away from Hollywood Electrics.

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 11:39:58 PM »
Lets ride lets ride lets ride!!!!!

Jeffy
(646)236-1643
vespa_1004@yahoo.com
Representing Burbank, CA

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 04:40:55 AM »
Lets ride lets ride lets ride!!!!!

Jeffy
(646)236-1643
vespa_1004@yahoo.com
Representing Burbank, CA

Jeffy,

I see that you put what I think is your Facebook name of Ahmed Khalimlim on the Brammo Riders of Southern California Facebook page - is that you? If so, then there are 3 confirmed L.A. area Brammo people on the Facebook page. But not completely certain yet as to who is an actual Brammo rider/owner (you I do know are a Brammo owner).

The Brammo Owners Forum (this site we are now reading) has the following people identified as being in the L.A. area: "PPC750" - "Werm_Works" - BestBuyTech - "Harlan." I think there are still others that do not list where they live but do live in Southern California and probably some that are not on this website here.

So we currently have on the Brammo Riders Of Southern California Facebook page:

1. You (Werm_Works aka Jeffy aka Ahmed Khalimlin?) Burbank.
2. Harlan Flagg (Hollywood Electrics) West Hollywood - He has access to a Brammo, if not owning one.
3. Harry Mallin aka BrammoFan (St. Louis, MO) Everybody knows he has a Brammo but just little bit out the Brammo range as of now. Maybe the third generation of batteries will take care of this.
4. Michael C. Poole (San Diego) Owner of Elmotto.net. Don't know if he has a Brammo

Two others from this Brammo Owners Forum known to be in the L.A. area but have not signed on to the Brammo Riders of Southern California Facebook page:

1. PPC750 - I know he has a Brammo. I sent an e-mail asking him to join in on the Facebook page.
2. BestBuyBrammoTech (El Segundo) sent him a message asking if he has one.

Then there is Dave Harvey, the Brammo technician in our region, but I don't know where he resides or if he has a Brammo.

Another person in San Diego:
9 of 30 - I know he has Brammo.

If anybody can answer about these people or others that I don't know about, please let me know.

Kelly Olsen
310-453-4784

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 11:47:55 AM »
Hey Kelly - I'm in Kansas City, not St. Louis, so I'm already 250 miles closer.

I know that Ali Afshar is in SoCal - he owns the ESX Motorsports group that Dave Harvey sometimes accompanies out to the Rock Store, Bob's Big Boy, etc. 

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 12:45:10 PM »
Yeah thats me indeed!!! The infamous Ahmed who is hiding from his ex's lol

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 12:54:44 PM »
Hiding from your exes?  Dude... you're my hero. :)

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 04:53:25 PM »
Hey Kelly - I'm in Kansas City, not St. Louis, so I'm already 250 miles closer.

Well, in my defense, it was almost 3 a.m. when I posted that comment and the other thing is that anything east of downtown Los Angeles is kind of this big open area with uncertain borders and people of different accents and various time zones and, well, it is all very confusing to keep track of. So, I hope you can forgive me for misidentifying your residence, wherever that mysterious sounding location you call "Kansas City" actually is.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 04:57:30 PM »
I know that Ali Afshar is in SoCal - he owns the ESX Motorsports group that Dave Harvey sometimes accompanies out to the Rock Store, Bob's Big Boy, etc.

Thanks for the tip. I got an e-mail from Dave Harvey this morning about something else so I'm going to ask him for help getting a handle on the people in the SoCal area with Brammos.

Enertia122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 05:33:19 PM »
I'm a current owner in San Diego as well.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 06:44:51 PM »
I'm a current owner in San Diego as well.

Very cool. Seems to be a couple of San Diego people with Brammos. Go to the Facebook page and join the group (link at the bottom of all my messages). And/Or join in with "9 of 30" who is a user on this website and start a San Diego group as well!

Go to the Members link above, open it up, "9 of 30" is the second member listed on the first page. He is open to e-mails because he has listed his e-mail address. Just click on the little envelope icon which should open your e-mail program and send him a message introducing yourself and ask to ride sometime.

Network and build a Brammo Connected Force!