Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

Sticker Shock?

(1/11) > >>

FreepZ:
Asphalt and Rubber speculates that the price for the Empulse is going be about $20,000.

http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/brammo-empulse-r-price/

We'll find out in a few days...

EmpulseRider:
Well, I can guess at this point that I wont be in the market for the Empulse R. My hopes are pinned on the regular Empulse being within a price range I can afford... otherwise I am currently bikeless as my GSXR 750 sold the other day as part of my Empulse purchase plans. Did I jump the gun, well maybe, but I know this is the time of year to sell and I got what I wanted for it.

I really hope Brammo comes through this Tuesday... I need a motorcycle  :-\

skuzzle:
I could certainly see how Brammo could offer two models with different price points.  What I can't see is the more expensive one not having a fairing.  For $20k I would want the RR without the racing bits.  I mean for $18k I could buy a Ducati 1199 Panigale.

EmpulseRider:

--- Quote from: skuzzle on May 04, 2012, 12:47:18 AM ---I could certainly see how Brammo could offer two models with different price points.  What I can't see is the more expensive one not having a fairing.  For $20k I would want the RR without the racing bits.  I mean for $18k I could buy a Ducati 1199 Panigale.

--- End quote ---

I have been lusting over the Panigale, that bike is seriously sexy... for me though, even a 20k Empulse would be less expensive with the 6k CO tax rebate. I know I have less room to complain but shit, $20k for a motorcycle... I could afford it, but how would I explain that to my wife? Yikes...

skuzzle:

--- Quote from: EmpulseBuyer on May 04, 2012, 12:59:04 AM ---
--- Quote from: skuzzle on May 04, 2012, 12:47:18 AM ---I could certainly see how Brammo could offer two models with different price points.  What I can't see is the more expensive one not having a fairing.  For $20k I would want the RR without the racing bits.  I mean for $18k I could buy a Ducati 1199 Panigale.

--- End quote ---

I have been lusting over the Panigale, that bike is seriously sexy... for me though, even a 20k Empulse would be less expensive with the 6k CO tax rebate. I know I have less room to complain but shit, $20k for a motorcycle... I could afford it, but how would I explain that to my wife? Yikes...

--- End quote ---

I think our Oregon tax incentives went away at the end of last year.  The possible jump from $14 to $20 is really a $7500 jump from what it would have been last year.

BTW, there was a bicycle survey that I read once about "How do you choose the best bicycle".  My favorite response was, "start with a cheap bicycle and move up until the wife gives you the look.  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version