Author Topic: Apex Clip-ons installation  (Read 4976 times)

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Apex Clip-ons installation
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 09:20:08 PM »
hmmm not yet.  But I don't think I can get shorter bars with the current set up.  If you look at the 90 degree fitting on the brake and clutch and whatever that black box is on both, it keeps you from moving the grips and electronics more inboard.  If there is a way to move those let me know!  I'll give it a try!

Oops. I should have said sweep. Be bringing them rearward you can narrow them. The way that set of clip-ons allows adjusting the angle is pretty rad (word of the day?). Between the two adjustments you have a lot that you can play with.

ahhhhh that makes sense...I'll give that rad idea a try :)

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 06:41:59 PM »
Oops. I should have said sweep. Be bringing them rearward you can narrow them. The way that set of clip-ons allows adjusting the angle is pretty rad (word of the day?). Between the two adjustments you have a lot that you can play with.

just took the bike out of the garage and turned the wheel to full lock.  It doesn't look like I can get much more sweep without potentially compromising slow speed maneuverability or hitting the tank.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 11:02:50 PM »
Nice mod.
Nice photos and writeup.

Now, if only I didn't have arthritis in my hands from being busted up...

But at least I can fantasize by looking at your pix.

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2013, 08:39:37 PM »
just a bit of an update.
I noticed the bars, especially on the clutch side started jiggling after a ride. 
Either I didn't tighten the set screw down (very likely) or it backed out a bit with vibration.  Fortunately, it can't back all the way out, but it was still very noticeable when I pulled into park.

The good thing was it took less than 15 mins to fix.  Just unscrewed the clutch/brake from the bar to get clear access to the screws.  And remove.

I was debating changing the angle lower but have been sooo happy with the feel right now that I left it in place.
Finally before putting the set screw back in I put some blue loctite on it so the screws wouldn't back out.
Blue loctite is great for the screws that need to be serviceable.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 10:35:45 PM by 7racer »

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Apex Clip-ons installation
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 09:35:37 PM »
I'm installing the Apex 3" riser Clip-Ons http://www.apexmfg.com/products/product/view/11/172 
I thought it was two pieces that went around the fork but instead its one piece that slips over the top of the forks which means I need to remove the steering nut and pull the black plastic piece between the forks off.  I'm looking in the owner's manual to try to find how much should I torque this down when I put it back together. Does anyone know if this is the
NUT STEERING
M30X1 (INITIAL)

NUT, STEERING,
M30X1 (FINAL)

M25X1.25, NUT, AL
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 09:37:38 PM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 10:14:59 PM »
yikes,

I'm not sure of that.  I was going to get those same clip ons but after looking at the bike I wasn't sure about that same piece to remove.  maybe you could pm Brammobrian.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 11:03:07 PM »
Your dealer's service department should be able to give you the torque values.