Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

NEW BATTERY FOR EMPULSE

(1/3) > >>

boxerpower:
Hello everyone, excuse my bad English (I'm Spanish), I leave you what I have done to my Brammo Empulse in case it is of interest to you. I have made the entire battery and now it has more autonomy and less weight. Greetings to the whole community.

Pelobien:
Muy buen trabajo

Korbin Dallas:
Congratulations! Excellent work.

Chocula:
Great Job!!!

I was wondering if the BMS could be made autonomous without causing other problems.  This is great news.

I still love the bike, but my range is not what it used to be, and I need to ride gently once I get to around 50% capacity.

Chocula

boxerpower:
Hello Chocula, the BMS accepts any cell as long as they work at the voltages for which they are designed. Even so, if you wanted to install lipefo4 cells from the firmware, for example, you could edit the VIN and vary the voltages. I installed these li-ion cells with the same chemistry and voltages as the originals and no problems with the bms. The only thing I removed were the glow plugs because the new cells have better tolerance to extreme temperatures and from time to time system fault 62 appears (failure of one or more glow plugs), but it does not affect the proper functioning of the motorcycle at all. Hopefully more users will be encouraged to recover this wonderful motorcycle! Greetings.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version