Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

DC-DC converter died??

(1/4) > >>

Haplo:
The irony,.. after reviving the Brammo after a B40 error (see here: https://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=4342.0) and riding it last week with good results, it's dead... again.. :(

After communting last week the battery on the Empuls was left with 16% charge.. not much.. ;) So I attached the charger and the lights died.. Not of the Brammo, but of my shed.. and house.. :) Something shorted, cause the 'earth leakage circuit breaker' of my house went out. After reinstalling, I went back to the Brammo. Now I could install the charge-plug without causing the lights go out, but the charger gives an error and the Brammo does nothing. The error of the chargers: the earth light and error light are blinking. Twice. The Brammo does nothing and therefore there is also no LOG in the USB-stick.

The Brammo kept working without problems. Started up like normal, still with 16% charge. I (again) took all the covering of the Brammo off, to check the fuses near the charge plug. No blown fuses there. All looks to be ok and I know I assembled it correct after my last project, cause I charged it without problems last weekend. Also the LOG of that charge does not show any issues.

However after some 30 minutes I tried the Brammo again, but now the Brammo also didn't start up anymore. Just nothing! Completely dead.

Could it be I fried the DC-DC converter?
I read the Charger has 3 fuses. Where are these located?
I would like to connect the white 2-pin 12v connector (similar to Tamiya battery connector) to see what this brings me, but both leads are white. What is positive and negative?
I tried searching the forum, and found a lot of info about the connector, but not the poliraty. I did find this post: https://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=4342.0 Might be something to check. Or is there another suggestion?

Korbin Dallas:
Under the charge port is a black fuse holder. Push the two ends towards each other and twist. There is a round fuse like an automotive glass fuse. It is 125v i think. Check it with a meter

Korbin Dallas:
With the key on you can probe the back of the connection to the dc/dc converter on the two white wires and see if you have 12.5 volts. I had to take the tail light and pretty much the whole back of the bike apart to get the plastic cover off the bottom to expose the converter. It is down by the shock and on the left side

Korbin Dallas:
https://youtube.com/shorts/rhbIeib9jiM?si=wNr-7Jxhf49jUaGe

Haplo:

--- Quote from: Korbin Dallas on November 03, 2023, 02:56:51 PM ---With the key on you can probe the back of the connection to the dc/dc converter on the two white wires and see if you have 12.5 volts. I had to take the tail light and pretty much the whole back of the bike apart to get the plastic cover off the bottom to expose the converter. It is down by the shock and on the left side

--- End quote ---

I already tried to measure the 12,5 volts. However, there is nothing there anymore. Key on or off.. Nothing. So also no way to tell - from +. If anyone can measure and tell me, that would be great. Thanks for the video! I assumed the dc-dc was part of the VCU, but good to know where it lives.. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version