Author Topic: Brammo Seeking Dealership Development Director  (Read 2010 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Seeking Dealership Development Director
« on: May 06, 2010, 12:21:03 PM »
Looks like Brammo's saying "We need to start seeing other people" to Best Buy.  "But let's still be friends. kthnxby"
Brammo Seeking Dealership Development Director

Anyone here know someone or some biz who could be or should be selling these fine bikes?  Let's brainstorm --

Motorcycle dealerships that sell multiple brands (e.g. motorcycle superstores as mentioned in the article)

EV dealerships

--- more . . .
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Seeking Dealership Development Director
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 02:52:47 PM »
It is too bad that Best Buy has not stepped up to have more stores carry the Enertia. Most of the other motorcycle people that I have run into had no idea that electric motorcycles were manufactured yet. I still like the theory of using Best Buy because you could get a lot of foot traffic past the Enertia of which a small % would buy.

EVs will grab more attention in the coming months. The buzz created by Nissan Leaf and GM Volt should help. I would not be suprised if specific EV dealerships start to pop up around the country.

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 04:02:41 PM »
Having worked for a large retailer I am not too surprised. Glad Brammo has a backup plan and/or a way to expand quickly.

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 06:06:55 PM »
Oh please dont let them start selling them at the Harley Dealerships!! BMW I could take...not Harley! Ducati I would welcome..not Harley! A Ford dealership would work..not Harley!
I remember when going to the Harley dealership was fun. Then they became "boutiques". There is a reason that Harley is having trouble, they think they are better than everyone else!  :-\

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 03:16:19 AM »
I'll give a reason why Best Buy may not be the place for Brammo.

I went to the West Los Angeles best buy last week to look at the bike. I was on the bike, under the bike, along side the bike, behind the bike, in front of the bike, back under the bike, back on the bike. I did this for a good 30 minutes, easy.

I saw at least 7 different employees walk past me several times. I had at least 15 passes of employees go right by me. Two of them were managers and they passed by at least 4 times. Not one of them even looked at me. I'm hard to miss at 6 feet 4 inches tall and sitting on the bike which in smack dab in the middle of the store.

This is probably the most expensive ticket item in the store. I'm not a kid just hanging out wishing. I'm over 50, dressed nicely. My point is that I'm a person that would fit the profile of somebody that may be able to actually pay for one of these.

Not one of these employees thought to ask me if I wanted help. In fact, there were people standing next to me looking around, but NOT at any of the bikes, and they were asked if they could be helped to find something.

For me it didn't really matter, because I have been here and on other sites researching the bike and was happy to be left alone and explore the bike. But others might not have been willing to be treated like this.

Finally, a nice young lady came over and started to talk with me. She knew a bit about the bike and was kind and seemed like she wanted me to get the bike. But this was almost after 40 minutes of being in the store.

I took a friend in yesterday to show him the bike and the same thing happened except that this time, nobody asked me if we needed help. That young lady was not in site.

Loved the concept of Brammo considering these more of an electronic than a motorcycle from a consumer point of view. Very innovative and forward thinking.

But I suspect that these bikes will do better in a motorcycle store. People that go in looking for a regular bike might see these and test ride it and decide against a gasser and choose the Brammo.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 08:12:45 AM »
Hey Kelly!  Thanks for posting on this.  It's too bad that you had a bad experience at Best Buy.  I, too, think Brammo should expand its horizons and seek out motorcycle superstores, specialty stores like Hollywood Electrics, and basically, any site that's qualified to service and sell an electric motorcycle.  I hope they continue to think outside of the box(store) and move across the country (and world)... the sooner, the better.

badamsfx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 03:18:02 AM »
There is a precedent of motorcycle shops selling electrics because I know that Del Amo Motorsports in Los Angeles sold the Vectrix when it was available. I intend to ask my local dealer in Ventura if they might be interested in Brammo because they sell some other niche products like the Can-Am Spyder.

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »
The Honda-Kawasaki shop in Daly City was selling Zero last fall when I was looking for a new bike (and ended up getting an Enertia).

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 11:50:52 PM »
It looks like West LA wont be carrying brammo soon from what I was told not sure if it was because they dropped the ball on my bike's registration or just because of poor CS? Until now my bike has a incomplete registration...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 01:01:54 PM »
It looks like West LA wont be carrying brammo soon from what I was told not sure if it was because they dropped the ball on my bike's registration or just because of poor CS? Until now my bike has a incomplete registration...
Can you clarify what you're saying here?  Which "West LA" won't be carrying Brammo soon? What's the issue with your "incomplete registration"? 

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2010, 06:16:31 PM »
Yes, I'd like to know what the issue with registration is and what Best Buy did or did not do. As far as "which West LA store" asked by Brammofan. There is only one West L.A. Best Buy that has the Enertia on the floor.

It is:

West LA CA (Store 109)
11301 W Pico Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90064

lienly

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:56 AM »
will that director also involve in international biz?
hope can be Brammo Taiwan exclusive agent!

Enertia122

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 02:43:27 PM »
I too am having an issue with Registering my Brammo.  I took ownership of my Enertia on June 14 and still have not received my plates.  I have called the DMV and Best Buy 3 or more times and nothing.  I was told by the best buy rep that my DMV paperwork went out the Monday after my purchase.  To make matters worse i noticed when getting insurance that she wrote VIN incorrectly.  I am currently on hold now for the fourth time with the DMV.  I hope they find something today because Best Buy is doing nothing.