Author Topic: Saddle bags coming soon  (Read 1628 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Saddle bags coming soon
« on: September 13, 2010, 01:23:00 PM »
This is likely NOT the "September news" but I just noticed this addition to the Brammo website:
Rigid Givi saddle bags coming soon.
Before, I think it might have said, simply, "Coming soon."  Now that they're mentioning a name brand, hopefully these will be showing up on an options page.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: Saddle bags coming soon
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 04:42:07 PM »
Great, because the bike really needs to have some type of storage to make it more practical to use in place of a gas powered car. I often feel bad about taking a 4,000 pound car one mile to the grocery store. Sometimes I have more stuff that I can carry in my arms or on a bicycle and the electric Enertia would be perfect for the errand, IF it has storage.

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 02:04:47 PM »
We'll have to hope they will either be larger or have multiple sizes available than the current soft bags, although just being able to lock them will make my life a lot easier. And waterproof.

Kelly, I take it the soft bags aren't sufficient for your needs?

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 04:37:13 PM »
We'll have to hope they will either be larger or have multiple sizes available than the current soft bags, although just being able to lock them will make my life a lot easier. And waterproof.

Kelly, I take it the soft bags aren't sufficient for your needs?

I'm not certain as to which soft bags you may be referring to. But I would prefer something like this which can be found for under $40. My point is that it is good that Brammo may be offering some type of storage for the Enertia to make it a more practical device for urban errands and shopping and a sound environment alternative to driving a gas powered car for these types of trips.

But the planned rigid bags mentioned sound  great and may be just the thing to carry out the above described tasks.

thespecialone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Brammo
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 05:25:56 PM »
You will see pictures of the new bags soon and they will be on sale for 2011....which is now just around the corner. They really suit the bike and once we have firm prices I will let you know.
Adrian

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 11:50:37 PM »
Kelly:

I think you'll like the GIVI's.  They make really nice stuff.  Much better-looking than the image that was posted previously.

eric aka webman
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2010, 05:35:33 PM »
I'm not certain as to which soft bags you may be referring to.

I ordered bags with my bike but don't see them on the Brammo site right now. I'll try to put up a pic later.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 06:00:58 PM »
these ones? or different?

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 06:06:06 PM »
Me? I'm a big fan of the ultra modern plastic milk crate bungee corded to the rear...

with milk crate and bungee cords you can carry all kinds of stuff...heck one christmas I brought home a 7 foot christmas tree on the back of my stella you see there...

admittedly people were looking at me very strange from their cars on that 5 mile ride home...

Gavin

lienly

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2010, 02:14:34 AM »
is possible to put saddle bags on Empulse?

This is likely NOT the "September news" but I just noticed this addition to the Brammo website:
Rigid Givi saddle bags coming soon.
Before, I think it might have said, simply, "Coming soon."  Now that they're mentioning a name brand, hopefully these will be showing up on an options page.
hope can be Brammo Taiwan exclusive agent!

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 01:41:37 PM »
these ones? or different?

Yes those are the bags. Definitely not big, but with the expansion zippers open not as tiny as they look in the pic.

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2010, 01:44:20 PM »
Me? I'm a big fan of the ultra modern plastic milk crate bungee corded to the rear...

with milk crate and bungee cords you can carry all kinds of stuff...heck one christmas I brought home a 7 foot christmas tree on the back of my stella you see there...

admittedly people were looking at me very strange from their cars on that 5 mile ride home...

Gavin

Too bad there's no place to put a milk crate on an Enertia. Recently I've been wishing for a convenient way to hang my backpack on the bike. There's been a recent rash of thefts in the area around my work and I now have to leave the bags empty (I had a set of gym clothes stolen a month or so ago).

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 01:53:56 PM »
The first Brammo owner who engineers a way to extend that little shelf (I call it the brochure shelf) behind the taillight, and comes up with a way to either pop-off the existing taillight and mount it on the back of the extended shelf, or put an after-market taillight back there... that man or woman will go down in Brammo history as a demi-god. 

Those little hex-head studs that are waiting on that shelf for the Givi bags would be a good starting place. 
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki