Author Topic: Hi Guys!  (Read 1983 times)

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi Guys!
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:35:24 PM »
I just bought my Empulse last week. I have about 200 miles on her already. I love riding this bike. I also own a Ducati Monster 696 and a F700GS, but having an electric bike is in a league of its own! I usually commute 27 miles to work each way and it's fun trying to see how much battery I can save each morning on the way in.

Are there any other female riders on the forum?

I've been checking the blink, plugnshare, and chrargepoint apps, is there anything else out there better for locating charging stations?

-tammie

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hi Guys!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 07:59:11 PM »
Hiya Tammie and welcome to the forum...finally. ;)

There was a woman who owned an Enertia who used to post on her, but she hasn't been back for many moons.  I think you're the one and only, so far.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

skuzzle

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:51:19 PM »
Hi Tammie,

Where are you located?  Congratulations on your new ride.

As far as finding charge stations, you mentioned the three that I use.  I'm signed up for blink, chargepoint, and a local one that works here in Oregon and Washington.

--Gary

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 09:22:52 PM »
Thanks for the welcome. I'm in SoCal, Escondido to be exact. I grew up in the Portland Oregon area and used to work for Intel down there. I still have a lot of friends and some family there as well. I saw a post on here recently from someone that rode Palomar on their Empulse, I'd love to try that out. I'm just starting to see better mileage as the bike breaks in. I also had the opportunity to race an ICE motorcycle on the way home today. I think he was in shock!

-tammie
« Last Edit: August 01, 2013, 09:25:53 PM by tkthompson »

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 09:24:27 PM »
Welcome! I'm in Portland if you're ever up here again. Congrats.

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:25:08 PM »
I tried to be conservative on energy use at first. That lasted a week or so. Now I ride it just like I do my gasser - as fast as I can as often as I can!  Welcome to the forum  :D
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:27:13 PM »
I usually conserve on the way to work and then I use all that extra battery life to have fun on the way home  :D

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 05:12:05 PM »
I usually conserve on the way to work and then I use all that extra battery life to have fun on the way home  :D

I do the same. And it will get MUCH MORE fun when you can run in Sport mode after 600 miles!

As for knocking off ICE bikes, see my thread:

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=2133.msg16433#msg16433

Because of the instant torque and lack of need to use the clutch off the line, these are great Street Fighters. I'm not much of a drag racer, but I DO enjoy using it, when safe, to "spread the word" about these wonderful machines. It makes a statement unlike any other form of communication! I try to follow up at the next light to let them know where they can test ride one.

And welcome from the other California: Northern.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »
Hey Tammie- we love to see photos of people with their new bikes. :D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2013, 04:13:49 AM »
I just bought my Empulse last week. I have about 200 miles on her already. I love riding this bike. I also own a Ducati Monster 696 and a F700GS, but having an electric bike is in a league of its own! I usually commute 27 miles to work each way and it's fun trying to see how much battery I can save each morning on the way in.

Are there any other female riders on the forum?

I've been checking the blink, plugnshare, and chrargepoint apps, is there anything else out there better for locating charging stations?

-tammie
Hey Tammie!
I live in Hawaii, & our commute distances are just about the same...
I do 55-60 the first 5 miles, then 16 at Freeway speeds 55-65, unless there is traffic,,
Mornings mostly,,,
Then the last 5 miles around 30,,,  I normally get to work with 48-62 percent left on the gauge,, & depending on how I ride or if there was traffic to slow me down, which conserves battery,,,

I log all my rides,, I was just wondering if you commute was comparable with the speeds,,,
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-

tkthompson

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2013, 08:35:54 PM »
I don't even have any pics yet. I guess I've been too busy riding! I'll take a pic next time we head out for a nice weekend ride  8)

CAT- My commute is just over 27 miles each way. On my last ride in (on Monday, I am in Memphis for work the rest of this week) I got the best mileage yet. I have found it doesn't necessarily pay off to take it slow all the time. I think there is definitely something to be said about riding efficiently. He is the low down on my daily commute.

7-8 miles on side roads going 35-50mph
12 miles on the freeway going 70-74mph (mostly 70 on the way in and 74 on the way home)
4-5 miles on a 3 lane road going 15-50mph (probably 1/2 of this is 15-40mph because of splitting lanes and heavy traffic and 1/2 is a steady 50mph but there are traffic lights throughout)

I have been getting to work with 60-62% battery left. The weird thing I have noticed is that the battery will be at 60% when I park in the garage and when I turn her on to go home the battery will read 62%.

I am getting better mileage as the bike breaks in. My first ride I ended up with 12% battery left when I got home. Now I have, on average, about 20% left when I pull into the garage. I definitely get more mileage when I hit heavy traffic on the 4-5 mile leg and have to split lanes. The freeway leg of the ride is always the same as it is all car pool lanes, so no real traffic  :D

Sounds like our commute is very similar.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 11:00:28 AM by tkthompson »

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2013, 09:50:16 PM »
I've noticed that the SOC rating is a good guideline, but I don't know if 60% is always the same state of charge. For example, if I get to work with 68%, I'll end up with 41% when I get home. The next day I'll get to work with 72% remaining, but still only have 41% when I get home. It seems like the ratings gets more accurate as the SOC depletes (probably because the voltage starts dropping more quickly), so I recommend taking the higher ratings with a grain of salt.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2013, 02:16:46 PM »
I don't even have any pics yet. I guess I've been too busy riding! I'll take a pic next time we head out for a nice weekend ride  8)

CAT- My commute is just over 27 miles each way. On my last ride in (on Monday, I am in Memphis for work the rest of this week) I got the best mileage yet. I have found it doesn't necessarily pay off to take it slow all the time. I think there is definitely something to be said about riding efficiently. He is the low down on my daily commute.

7-8 miles on side roads going 35-50mph
12 miles on the freeway going 70-74mph (mostly 70 on the way in and 74 on the way home)
4-5 miles on a 3 lane road going 15-50mph (probably 1/2 of this is 15-40mph because of splitting lanes and heavy traffic and 1/2 is a steady 50mph but there are traffic lights throughout)

I have been getting to work with 60-62% battery left. The weird thing I have noticed is that the battery will be at 60% when I park in the garage and when I turn her on to go home the battery will read 62%.

I am getting better mileage as the bike breaks in. My first ride I ended up with 12% battery left when I got home. Now I have, on average, about 20% left when I pull into the garage. I definitely get more mileage when I hit heavy traffic on the 4-5 mile leg and have to split lanes. The freeway leg of the ride is always the same as it is all car pool lanes, so no real traffic  :D

Sounds like our commute is very similar.
Yeah,, our commutes are very similar,,
I normally ride in normal mode,, but rode on Saturday &Sunday last weekend in sport mode,, forgot how fun that is,,, and the two days later I seemed to have gotten better battery life on my normal work commutes,,
Weird,,, maybe the batteries like being shaken up a bit?? Not sure,,  :-\
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-