8 (27.6%)
5'9" to 5'11"
9 (31%)
6'0 to 6'2"
7 (24.1%)
Over 6'2"
4 (13.8%)

Total Members Voted: 29

Author Topic: Rider Height  (Read 1931 times)

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Rider Height
« on: March 18, 2011, 02:25:25 PM »
I thought it would be interesting to see how tall most brammo users are...
May be helpful for those deciding to get one in the future...

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Rider Height
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2011, 11:59:07 AM »
Wow, Im the only one over 6'2".  That kinda worries me.  I'm still hoping that I'll be fine since Craig Bramscher is a tall guy, too
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »
I'm a little over 6'1...
It may not be as comfortable for us as some of the shorter guys... but then most things in life seem to be built for people between 5'6 and 5'10...
I think it's comparable to the ducati monster 696 in size. But the seat height is 32" instead of 30" which should make it slightly more comfortable for people like us...(one can hope) plus this is a single seater, which should give us more room to begin with...

1lesscar

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 11:49:52 PM »
With adjustable foot positions like a true sport bike could have, you bean stalks will fit just fine. It is all a matter of taste. I have seen tall guys ride lowered bikes just fine. Some prefer it because it feels and looks good.

I like to sit 'IN MY BIKES' than 'on it'. Better control, feedback imo. So the lower the seat height the better.

8) 8)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2011, 06:32:55 PM »
Wow, Im the only one over 6'2".  That kinda worries me.  I'm still hoping that I'll be fine since Craig Bramscher is a tall guy, too
I'm 6'3" and feel like the bike fits me just fine.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Mr.Rodgers

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 03:14:12 PM »

Thank you for the reference, I hope the same will be able to be said for the empulse.  Now I just wish that the extra weight doesn't kill my range too much
(somewhat)Patiently waiting

WanderLust

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2011, 05:04:19 PM »

Thank you for the reference, I hope the same will be able to be said for the empulse.  Now I just wish that the extra weight doesn't kill my range too much
Thanks Brammofan, if you fit fine on an Enertia, I'm sure I should be just peachy on the Empulse...
Mr.Rodgers, that's the other thing I was thinking about, been working on getting my 'payload' down :D the Az heat, and lack of home cooked food has already brought me down about 10 -12 lbs since I moved here 3 months or so ago, but then again, Yoga could also be helping :D
My target of loosing 10-12% weight for beach season should also help me get a few more miles out of my Empulse :D

webman

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2011, 10:05:04 PM »

Thanks Brammofan, if you fit fine on an Enertia, I'm sure I should be just peachy on the Empulse...
Mr.Rodgers, that's the other thing I was thinking about, been working on getting my 'payload' down :D the Az heat, and lack of home cooked food has already brought me down about 10 -12 lbs since I moved here 3 months or so ago, but then again, Yoga could also be helping :D
My target of loosing 10-12% weight for beach season should also help me get a few more miles out of my Empulse :D

I'm 6'2', and due to all the walking through airports, etc. lately, I'm down to 240lbs (I was 235 in the USMC many, many years ago), so I'm feelin' pretty good.  I wonder how much of an effect weight has on the range, since I think I still outweigh BrammoBrian by about 80lbs...  :)
webman, aka eric

brammo vehicle desired:  Empulse 8.0
current rides:  '97 yamaha seca II (low miles, but beater)
'06 honda metro (wife's bike, mostly)
previous bikes:
'97 ducati monster 750
'91 yamaha FZR600
'84 Honda VF750 Interceptor

Brammo Rider Wannabe

• Enciter
  • Empulse Order# 628
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 09:49:26 PM »
*Bump*

Time to look into rider height again.  Having had a chance to sit on an Empulse at the Cleveland Motorcycle show in January, I question how comfortable I will be on this bike. At 6'3" the bike felt a little small to me. Of all the current owners are any of the taller ones feeling a bit cramped?

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 10:47:22 PM »
At 6'1", the Empulse fits fine.

Remember, it's not an Interstate barcolounger gold wing thing, or even a cruiser: It's a sports bike. That said, I find the ergos comfortable and the bike highly confidence-inspiring in the twisties as well as fighting through city traffic.

Being relaxed helps a lot.

silversurfer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2013, 11:53:32 PM »
Just under 6'3" with no problems. I sat on it at a show too and was concerned. After riding it, I have no issues.