Author Topic: First Time In Person  (Read 1749 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
First Time In Person
« on: January 29, 2013, 09:34:32 PM »
Not too big of a deal but I went to the Harley Davidson of Washington DC today and they had an Enertia Classic in the showroom, first time I have ever seen one on person. Made me love it even more!!! Just thought I'd share.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: First Time In Person
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 09:44:45 PM »
Not too big of a deal?

We all remember our very first time:

May 17, 2010, Best Buy, San Carlos, California.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 10:50:22 AM »
Here was my first time.  Same location.   :(

Actually I have lots of photos of the Enertia that was on display at the time, just none that would fit as an attachment to this post.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 11:49:42 AM »
I remember my first time seeing an Enertia in the flesh....

[edited, below was not the first time I touched one. It was at Best Buy in Portland, where I got to see their race bike as well]

[edited, this was the second time I touched one] I've been aquaintances with Brian for ~4 years now I think. I first went down to Ashland in the December of 2009 to pick up some HPEVS motors/controllers from Barefoot Motors (now defunct). I contacted Brian and asked if I could stop in and say hello while I was down there. I got much more than a Hello. While I didn't get to ride an Enertia (no motorcycle license at the time), he showed me the engineering area (with some parts of a TTX in the dev area), the entire shop floor, the dyno, the crates of Enertias and their fleet of test vehicles. They have a great setup there... super clean and a very slick assembly line. There's a lot that went into the Enertias, but unfortunately you don't really see the internals with the fairings on it. It was nice to get a peak inside. I'll ask Brian if it is ok to post them on my website.

Later that evening, I grabbed dinner downtown with Brian and we chatted a bit about racing, the Enertias, my bike and the future of Electric Vehicles. Was great to finally meet Brian (and the Enertia).

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 12:54:05 PM by frodus »

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 12:45:29 PM »
I posted about my first encounter here:

I got to touch a Brammo bike for the first time ever yesterday. :D
The Harley Davidson dealership in Orlando had an Enertia, and when I found out about it, I went to see it as soon as I could.

I would have loved to have ridden it, but sadly, that wasn't to be.
Richard #935 #595 #44