Author Topic: Where is Gavin?  (Read 835 times)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Where is Gavin?
« on: December 29, 2015, 02:24:40 PM »
I really miss his Brammo blog and parking violations he shared with us.
Are you still lurking around or have you parted from your Empulse?
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Where is Gavin?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »
I have a feeling he'll drop in.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »
Hey, nice to be missed...just haven't been doing as much on the Brammoblog front...work is busy, got some grandkids to play with....taking some college classes to keep my quickly "dulling and dimming" brain from fading too fast.
Plus with Brammo selling the Empulse to Victory, I figured I'd let somebody younger start up a VictoryTT blog.

At 13,000 miles now, but the bike is in the shop as a Ram1500 didn't look my way from her stop sign and took me out. I was basically stopped as I watched her not looking my way and stopped instead ofgoing in front of her and being run right over. Sadly she still didn't see me stopped as she turned into me and caught me with her driver's side door. Slow motion wreck (me stopped, her coming out of stop sign), so minimal damage to me and bike (me: bruised knee and sore shoulder. Bike: bent handlebar, broken clutch, scraps and such to body work).

Sadly this was right before the holidays, so the insurance people haven't been out to see the bike and "approve" repairs...and won't be out till next week. Sigh...so it will be 3 or 4 weeks without my bike.

I will look and see what I could put up on brammoblog (day of the dead parade, rides about town), but mostly I just feel I am too old an boring and tend to do the same rides (though the rides are beautiful)

Take care....

G

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 05:12:29 PM »
Great to hear from you old friend. I knew about the wreck, thanks to FB, but it's always good to hear that you escaped with minor injuries. See, if you'd had your GoPro on, you could have shared that painful footage with us. 

What college classes are you taking? I intend to do that sort of thing at some point. I'm thinking history or literature.

Hope you get your bike back soon.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 12:00:18 AM »
Good to hear you checking in, Gavin, even if it's to report a get off.

Glad to hear that the damage wasn't too bad, but getting banged up during the holidays is not a whole lot of fun. Unbelievable that you stopped and she STILL didn't see you as she made her turn. ::)

Well, since I commute every day in San Francisco, I really can believe it. After hearing there was a local driver intentionally cutting off lane sharing bikers on the freeway, I started wearing a Contour Roam on my helmet. Like my Helite air vest, I hope I never have to use it.

Just did my 10th oil change (30K) and everything is running fine. No detectable degradation in range, except for the cold days, where "cold" is 45F here. Still haven't had to change the front brake pads... gotta love regen!

Heal fast and have a great year. - Bill

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Where is Gavin?
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 11:01:46 AM »
Thanks for that update, but sorry to hear that you have had an accident. Did you use the horn to try and get noticed or did it happen too fast to think about that?
I hope that everything heals well and that your bike gets fixed quickly.

Glad that you are still enjoying the Empulse though!
Once you go EV, gas is history!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 09:50:22 PM »
Hey, nice to be missed...just haven't been doing as much on the Brammoblog front...work is busy, got some grandkids to play with....taking some college classes to keep my quickly "dulling and dimming" brain from fading too fast.
Plus with Brammo selling the Empulse to Victory, I figured I'd let somebody younger start up a VictoryTT blog.

I hear college classes take up a lot of time... : )

At 13,000 miles now, but the bike is in the shop as a Ram1500 didn't look my way from her stop sign and took me out. I was basically stopped as I watched her not looking my way and stopped instead ofgoing in front of her and being run right over. Sadly she still didn't see me stopped as she turned into me and caught me with her driver's side door. Slow motion wreck (me stopped, her coming out of stop sign), so minimal damage to me and bike (me: bruised knee and sore shoulder. Bike: bent handlebar, broken clutch, scraps and such to body work).

Sadly this was right before the holidays, so the insurance people haven't been out to see the bike and "approve" repairs...and won't be out till next week. Sigh...so it will be 3 or 4 weeks without my bike.

Sucks that the driver SMIDSY'ed you, but hopefully the insurance can get it repaired quickly and to spec. Certainly could have been a lot worse.

I will look and see what I could put up on brammoblog (day of the dead parade, rides about town), but mostly I just feel I am too old an boring and tend to do the same rides (though the rides are beautiful)

Take care....

Your posts are nicely written and the photos are great. Even though the Empulse isn't "new", they're still fun to read :)
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/