Author Topic: Coolant leak from the motor  (Read 4620 times)

nunux59

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Coolant leak from the motor
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 04:33:05 AM »
I am following this thread as I have the same issue. I have the feeling that my coolant level is really low, I need to check this really soon. I would like to change the O-rings that are easy to change (clutch mechanism shaft and sprocket shaft) but I don't know the dimensions and how to change them :/

As for the motor replacement or disassembly/reassembly it requires the Brammo service software because there are sensors to know the position of the motor. If the motor is reassembled on the exact same position it _should_ be OK but I will not attempt it if I am not sure or either if I have no other choice.

+progress-

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • EVinceApparel.com
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2018, 03:23:11 PM »
Quick update:  The bike is still not operational  :(

The dealer was instructed to install the new motor and see what happens.  No surprises here, the new motor won't turn.  Polaris sent a technician to the shop and after two days of attempting he was unable to communicate with the bike and the new motor still won't turn.
There is some talk about setting-up/building/creating software so that they will be able to communicate with the bike but there is no timeline on when this may be complete.
The bike has been in the shop for about 2 months with no end in sight.
2013 Empulse R  #80  <RIP> *1st in Seattle
2016 Victory Empulse TT #176 *1st in Seattle 8/30/18 - In shop for warranty motor replacement

PaulHMartinez

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2018, 01:19:08 PM »
May be time for an attorney.

Unfortunately you have little leverage on your side.

They don't have much incentive to make the repair for you.

In the mean time I would be calling Victory and asking for regular updates from the person assigned to your case at least twice a week.  Give them a deadline. Then let them know they are "in breach of warranty" and if it is not repaired or replaced and returned to you by your set deadline you will no longer be calling and the next contact will come from your lawyer and you will be notifying the States' Attorney and other consumer reporting agencies to file your complaint. This is now an orphaned brand, meaning the parent company wants little to do with it or any associated problems.
 Laws vary state by state. I leaned so called "lemon laws" don't apply to motorcycles in Illinois. Figures
 Maybe they do where you are. Illinois categorizes them as luxury/recreational items, not as needed transport means.  What crap
 Best of luck.  Don't allow yourself to get screwed by a giant billion dollar corporation!
Keep us updated.