Author Topic: Enertia starting in cold / tech support on East Coast?  (Read 3293 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Enertia starting in cold / tech support on East Coast?
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
well luckily my commute is only 5.2 miles each way...

Must admit I did a bit of mild MILD stress testing of the Enertia battery today (sorry Brammo...it was not intentional)...

Woke up this morning with it around 11 degrees...the high today is suppose to be around 25...wasn't sure if I would ride or take the cage...

But I dressed in layers just in case...as I'm getting ready to leave I look at the outside temperature gauge....

Yea! Never been so happy to see the temp at 15 degrees....Yes I love to ride...so I grab my helmet and jump on the bike....

Starts right up. No issues at all. Zoom Zoom (mmm, will Mazda sue me for that?) all the way to work without a hiccup or complaint....in fact the bike rode exactly like it does when it is 50 degrees out...which is flawlessly.

But I get to work and look at the temp gauge on the bike....

mmmm, 12 degrees....so a bit under what Brian listed above....

in my defense:

A) it was 15 degrees when I left the house and I was heading down a bit to work...thought it would actually be warmer, not colder.

B) the manual has a "do not ride above such and such temp", but I searched and searched the manual and did not see a "do not ride below such and such temp...

C) there is no C

Hopefully Brammo doesn't get too mad and take the test bike away...After all riding in low temps is a way to test the bike and I doubt it gets to 12 degrees in Ashland very often, if ever

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 10:46:16 AM »
one other observation...

I usually get to work with 85% of the battery at 5.2 miles....

I did go a bit longer this morning at 5.7 miles (dropped off a netflix movie at the post office)...but still i would expect to be at maybe 84% of my battery...so being at 80% does show that the cold will limit range some.

Gavin

SocalTech

• Enciter
  • My next bike
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 03:15:14 PM »
Thanks BrammoBrian, and also to everyone else for all the useful infos - we usually don't get that cold around here, February averaging slightly below freezing or so (except this past winter which featured a couple of cold spells and three massive snowstorms).

On the other note... how is Brammo's current tech support over here, ie. what happens if one morning I walk out to the bike and it just won't start up? do you have any subcontractors in the area for maintenance work - if not, when do you envisage the Geek Squad coverage extension?

sorry for the delay in responding, but even though im the SoCal tech, i have customers all over the east coast i have travelled to from Boston to Florida. your in good hands