Author Topic: new enertia owner question....  (Read 1839 times)

gecko164

• View Profile
    • GeckoGroup
new enertia owner question....
« on: November 13, 2011, 02:18:30 PM »
hi everybody....well I got tired waiting for the empulse, so I bought a used enertia from mshatravka (older post about throttle issues).  He told me that the throttle problem was a software issue and that the tech rep resolved the problem by changing some out of whack digits ??? and he hasn't had the problem since.  I'll keep fingers crossed while riding (if thats possible).....

I have a charging question....... within five minutes of charging start, the fan comes on and stays on......Is this normal?

More questions will probably follow............Thanks, Jim

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: new enertia owner question....
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 02:41:07 PM »
Hi Jim. Welcome to the forum and the world of Enertia ownership.

Yes, it's normal for the fan to come on after about five minutes or so. It stops a little bit after the charge reaches 99%, when cell balancing begins. If you need some more info, the owners manual covers this, too. Also, the wiki (linked at the top of the page) has some helpful info.  Let us know if you need more help.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

gecko164

• View Profile
    • GeckoGroup
Re: new enertia owner question....
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 02:48:51 PM »
wow... thanks for the quick reply....

back to the throttle ..... The throttle sticks a little, in other words it doesn't go back by itself ..... I am sure thats not normal.  Any suggestions?

I am guessing that this is unrelated to the electronic throttle problem that the previous owner was having.....

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 03:01:33 PM »
Congrats

Check to see if any dirt/fuzz/gunk is to the left of the throttle

A good cleaning with a qtip might help

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 03:05:07 PM »
Hmmm...that could be an issue with the bar end weight squeezing the rubber of the throttle. You'll need to loosen the bar end weight with an allen (hex) wrench, pull it out, see if that fixes the stickiness. While it's off, might want to squirt something in there...like graphite (?) to help. Then, put the bar end weight back on, but not as close to the throttle.

Sometimes the brammo guys drop in with advice,.but they are out of the country right now.

gecko164

• View Profile
    • GeckoGroup
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 03:36:08 PM »
thanks again.... I will try both advice and let you know..... I am pretty excited about this bike....

gecko164

• View Profile
    • GeckoGroup
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »
well I took it for a ride..... not bad at all, some chain noise and some motor noise, all normal I guess ..... nothing to compare! .... regardless, based on previous posts, I probably need to check the chain condition anyways ......

Any Brammos in Miami....?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »
Make sure to check the wiki and your owners manual for step by step instructions on checking chain slack, lubing the chain, tightening the chain. Can be easy to do, but make sure you keep on top of it.

Our motorcycles don't take much maintenance, but the maintenance that is required, is crucial.

Keep us updated - we love pictures!

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 09:03:22 PM »
....some chain noise and some motor noise, all normal I guess .....

Congratulations on owning a Brammo Enertia!

Yes, chain and electric motor noise is normal on mine. It is myth that these bikes are silent. Excessive chain noise is likely a sign that your chain should be cleaned and lubed better. I use a product called Chain Wax that you put a clean, lubed up chain after at least a five minute ride (so it is warm enough so that the wax melts a bit.) It keeps the chain pretty quiet.

gecko164

• View Profile
    • GeckoGroup
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2011, 09:59:12 AM »
thanks for the advice guys ...... I am kinda slow at doing things, but I finally did adjust the chain and lubed with gear oil (thats what I had lying around) .... next time I'll use one of the recommended oils .....

So far, I really like the bike .... It has enough power and acceleration for what I use it for .... I am impressed.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2011, 01:59:11 PM »
Great, I am glad you like the Enertia. Did you notice that the sound is now different (e.g. more quiet) with the gear oil applied, or is the sound still the same?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 03:17:16 PM by Phantom »

gecko164

• View Profile
    • GeckoGroup
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2011, 03:13:44 PM »
Thanks Phantom.... I think its quieter .... In my case the chain was pretty loose, so during deceleration or braking I would hear chain flapping or slapping noise.... I don't hear that anymore. 

I do have to start riding more often though since in Florida the winter is our riding season ....

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2011, 06:31:18 PM »
Just watch out for the snowbirds...and avoid driving from 3:30 to 4:00 since that is the dinner rush...

Gavin

gecko164

• View Profile
    • GeckoGroup
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2011, 09:11:34 PM »
not too many snowbirds in Miami... but there are plenty of other scary birds to watch out for....