Author Topic: Gavin's Brammo Enertia Review  (Read 3643 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Gavin's Brammo Enertia Review
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 02:09:05 PM »
Gavin,

Yeah - the underseat storage isn't meant to hold much more than your charge cord.  If you need that space though, another thought is to just keep the charge cord wherever it is you charge (for me, it's only at home in my garage) and then you've got some extra space.  You won't be able to charge while you're out and about, but I never do anyhow.  I also keep a spare cord at work just in case. 

Alternatively, you could break down and go for the Givi lockable hardbags like I have.  Sure, the bike doesn't look as nice, but the utility is amazing.  If I can get over the aesthetics as the guy who designed the bike, I'm sure you can too!  ;)

Yes...after this holiday week I am convinced I need the extra storage...last week it was 2 bags of groceries on the handlebar...and then 2 twelve packs of soda on the "tank"...the sodas on the tank is not recommended :)

Last night it was a bag with a present for the engagement party...20 miles, some of those miles above 50 mph, was not fun with a plastic bag flopping off the handlebar. Throws off the balance of the ride.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 02:12:09 PM »
But, if it's happened twice already, I agree: Brammo would do well to listen.

We're always listening... cue creepy music...  ;)

Then you hear me about changing the seat lock from kickstand to opposite side, right?

I swear that is a simple change that makes a huge difference...or moving it to the back of seat would be beautiful too, but a bit more work.

Gavin
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:15:27 PM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 04:32:26 PM »
Then you hear me about changing the seat lock from kickstand to opposite side, right?

I swear that is a simple change that makes a huge difference...or moving it to the back of seat would be beautiful too, but a bit more work.
+1 on this change.  Can't tell you how many times I end up on the 'uphill' side of the bike, trying to find the lock by feel, and then bending over the seat, looking for it upside down. 

Plus, if the lock itself was about twice as robust, that would be nice, too.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »
OK, I finally feel the need to respond.  As an avid motorcyclist at one point, I would average over 10,000 miles a year on my '91 Honda VFR750F.  I used it to commute, "tear up" the back roads/canyons, ride two up,tour two-up, and rode across the country.  So, I may not have as much experience as some, but I've put some miles on.  My VFR had little to no underseat storage, and it was a sport tourer.  Under seat storage is the domain of the scooter.  So, I, like many other folks like me, used a tank bag.  It has got to be the handiest thing ever.  I also had cargo net on the back seat, but that is a bit dorky I know.  I think a simple tank bag would take care of a lot of your problems.  Groceries though, need saddle bags.  Welcome to motorcycling. :D

« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 06:50:05 PM by Brammofan »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
I tried to fix your link to the image, Richard, but it's not working.... sorry.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2011, 07:03:15 PM »
Ehh, no worries.  Just Flickr being a pain.