Author Topic: One possible downside to driving a Brammo motorcycle....  (Read 2502 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
One possible downside to driving a Brammo motorcycle....
« on: December 28, 2011, 12:49:08 PM »
I can almost never just get on my bike and ride.

From home, yes, but as soon as I stop anywhere I am asked a bizzillion questions.

If you are a shy person and want to cure your shyness...buy a Brammo.

If you are a shy person and hate random strangers stopping you constantly, don't buy a Brammo...actually buy a Brammo and suck it up :0

Yesterday I was stopped 5 different times to ask me about the bike. And most days are very similar. Sometimes for 5 to 10 minutes each time..Gah, I am always helpful and polite, but a few times I am actually riding off when somebody steps in front of me to stop me and ask questions...

It's like a pregnant woman's belly...everybody feels free to stop me, ask questions and rub my belly...well not the last part. Or at least not often.

It's kinda crazy....I expect, as more bikes are made, sold and on the street, that the questions will decrease over time....

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: One possible downside to driving a Brammo motorcycle....
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »
I suspect that this will be the case when I get my Empulse... heck I had people stopping to talk to me about my Ducati when I had it. The Empulse is a pretty wild design and will definitely turn heads so I can only see this happening more with that bike. Not that the Enertia isnt as head turner, just its more a classic design, not as aggressive. It also seems that, at least here in Colorado, most (like 90%) people have never heard of Brammo let alone the Empulse. When I show them a picture of the Empulse (background image on my phone) they are always blown away by the design. "wow, that's an electric bike?!"... I think Brammo just needs to invest in a superbowl ad and get it over with. OR another option would be to send me a pre-production model, and I would be happy to talk to folks, add detailed reviews to my blog, and even talk to local news about it... cant say I didnt try ;)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 01:21:17 PM »
mmmm, ask Brammo directly...couldn't hurt :)

If I were Brammo I might just take you up on that...though probably not the Empulse as I don't think they are done yet....

Gavin

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 02:10:47 PM »

If I were Brammo I might just take you up on that...though probably not the Empulse as I don't think they are done yet....

Gavin

I just may. I did suggest before that they lease the Enertia to Empulse and Entertia plus pre-order customers... but that may not be viable for business.

Also, I think they suggested a while back that they may need testers for the Empulse, didnt they?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »

Gavin

I just may.
I did suggest before that they lease the Enertia to Empulse and Entertia plus pre-order customers... but that may not be viable for business.

Also, I think they suggested a while back that they may need testers for the Empulse, didnt they?
If so, you're going to have really step up your CWF*.  If you need an example, just read through the last 100+ posts by Gavin prior to his learning that Brammo was going to loan him the test ride bike.

*Constant Whining Factor
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 06:06:43 PM »

Gavin

I just may.
I did suggest before that they lease the Enertia to Empulse and Entertia plus pre-order customers... but that may not be viable for business.

If so, you're going to have really step up your CWF*.  If you need an example, just read through the last 100+ posts by Gavin prior to his learning that Brammo was going to loan him the test ride bike.

*Constant Whining Factor

LOL... I can do that!

Let me begin by saying that I have been waiting for this bike for one and a half years now and its about time Brammo threw me a bone. Sure I may not deserve that much, but I have put in plenty of effort promoting these bikes and EVs in general. Im not quiet about my opinions... the (3 maybe 4) people who read my blog (including me) know that much. :). BTW 90% of my sites traffic goes to the TCO calculator (ugh!) BUT I think an in depth (maybe a little positively biased) review of a pre-production Brammo Empulse would fix that right up. I plan to start a journal (on EmpulseBuyer.com) once I get my Empulse. So what do you say Brammo, allow me to be a tester?

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 06:44:38 PM »
While my Electric Motorsport GPR-S was running, I expected to have a lot of people ask me about the bike. But I only had one or two conversations over a period of two years regarding the EV. I really expected a lot more interest.  Most people found my 2005 Triumph Bonneville a lot more interesting and I had many more conversations regarding that bike, than the GPR-S. 

It is my belief that the reason for this is that the GPR-S looked exactly like a normal motorcycle, what with its full fairing. You really couldn't tell it was anything but a small, cheap, IC motorcycle.  I think Brammo did that right thing by styling the Enertia the way they did and giving it bright color panels.  Most motorcyclists think the bike looks weird, but it does capture the public's attention and generates a interest in the vehicle. I think that was a smart move by Brammo to promote their product.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2011, 02:15:30 AM »
The GPR-S was about as generic in appearance as you can get.

The Enertia stands out. Some like it, some don't.. but it at least gets attention.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2011, 10:06:46 AM »
Having driven around an arguably more recognizeable and controversial car for a few weeks now (Chevy Volt), I can definitively report that there's far more interest in my Enertia when I'm riding it instead.  I think this has something to do with the accessibility to the owner both on the road and when they're parked.  The Enertia looks different, and it looks like a fun vehicle (IMHO), so it invites people to talk to you about it.  Even my stealth black bodywork hasn't put much of a dent in this.  I suppose if it bothered you, you could wrap the bodywork in barbed wire or glue little spikes all over it... ;)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 09:45:32 AM »
Set up a pair of narrow-gap Jacob's Ladders in a V formation on the back of the bike. Extra illumination while dark, of course ; )

Edit: Okay, this would probably only work while stationary. And it would be incredibly dangerous. But also rather cool..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 09:58:46 AM by protomech »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 12:53:54 PM »
It would use up the battery rather quickly I would think....

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 05:43:45 PM »
You could probably build a small one consuming 100-200W from the pack .. if mounted inside some type of enclosure protecting it from the wind, maybe it could be operational while moving.