Author Topic: Thursday ride....  (Read 1629 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Thursday ride....
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:46:39 AM »
Took a 30 mile ride today...likely will do 30 to 60 miles a day for the holiday weekend...

Took some photos...don't worry, I won't put up pictures from every ride I do this weekend...only these and maybe if I go snow riding in the East mountains.

Started from work...the Observatory is basically 2 blocks from the Hospital...

Then off to Downtown to find the "EV only" parking spaces ( we have TWO....oooooo).

Then a quick stop at the Blackbird (where we plays Geeks Who Drink Pub Quiz) and the Launchpad (I like the Rocket...plus they have some great show there...the Buzzcocks, Jonathan Richman, MC Chris).

Then off to the Rio Grand/Albuquerque Zoo...

Then just kinda rode around a bit...

Gavin
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 01:57:15 AM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thursday ride....
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 02:09:47 AM »
Great pics, Gavin!  Thanks for posting.  And feel free to post any others you take.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 03:00:20 PM »
Awesome pictures!  I think you are creating a new pop-art meme...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Saturday ride....
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2011, 08:31:05 PM »
Great pics, Gavin!  Thanks for posting.  And feel free to post any others you take.

Ok...won't start a new thread...but here are some Saturday ride photos...all just iPhone 4s photos...but that phone actually takes ok pictures...shadows didn't help on some photos as this ride was late afternoon...

Starting with a few shots from the museum of nuclear science and history...

I like this.  USA and Brammo....

While there a gentleman with his children waved me over...he knew about Brammo, but had not seen one in person. He even asked if this was the model with more range....I told him nope, but I sure wish it was.

On the way to the Museum a police officer at a red light asked me 4 or 5 questions...twice, in response to my answers, he said, "that's cool, man."

Next stop was hitting the base of the Sandia Mountains...

This is a couple of blocks from my mother's house...the start of a trail where Gracie, one of my dogs, was bit by a rattlesnake a few years ago...but that is a whole other story...**

At the bottom of a road that I ride my bike up to the base of the mountain...much easier on the Enertia :)

Still at the bottom...

These are near the top...

And keeping with my "Breaking the Law" theme (cue the Judas Priest)

Also about two blocks from me mum's

And

Back near the base of the mountain...the woman in the car not only didn't mind waiting, when I moved the bike and waved her by she offered to take a photo of me with the bike...I politely refused, telling her that adding me to any image of the bike and the mountains would just degrade the photo by a fairly large amount.

Hoping to ride to the other side of the mountain on Monday...they have tons of snow and a Ski area...will see...I had also wanted to hit Tinkertown when on the other side, but they are closed for winter....grrrrr.

And yes we have some of the most beautiful blue sky's here...

Gavin

**Gracie's healed bite...the bite was at the armpit/chest...this is the scar of the poison moving down...you don't want to see the fresh wound photos...you could fit most of your hand into the chest wound when all the necrotic flesh turned to jelly and fell out....

« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 10:54:27 AM by Gavin »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2011, 09:10:13 PM »
Thanks Gavin, those were really great photos and it looked like you had a wonderful ride on your Enertia.  The green really stands out against the brown countryside.   ;D
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 10:53:07 AM »
Nice photos!  I'm planning on starting off 2012 with a ride on my Enertia once it warms up a little! 

It would be nice to see one of these with you in it. Otherwise it just looks like there's an autonomous Enertia roaming the countryside in New Mexico... 

Can't wait to see where you're able to get to once you've got your Plus!  That bike just goes and goes and goes...

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »
Yeah, with the Plus I could easily do rides to the East Mountains and get some nice green vs brown photos...the East Mountains get much more rain and snow than the city.

Still hoping to make it there tomorrow, but have to make sure one of the restaurants will let me charge up over lunch...shouldn't be an issue....so far everyone I've asked has let me...

Today, once brain fog lifts, is dedicated to taking down the Christmas lights and watching football...with hopefully a small ride in...

Tomorrow hoping for a fifty mile ride...and some snow riding....weeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Gavin