Author Topic: 2011 Brammo Enertia article  (Read 4871 times)

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: 2011 Brammo Enertia article
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2010, 09:33:23 AM »
I don't know... they misspell Enertia as "Inertia." And the picture looks totally fake - what's he going to do with girl when they get to his one-seater?   ::)

Although that $2500 rebate is pretty sweet.

According to Techcrunch, the Enertia Plus can accommodate a passenger.
Brammo recently released the Empulse Trio line of electric motorcycles  which use the same battery technology as will be featured in the Enertia Plus, and at the high end have a 100 mile per hour top speed, and can travel 100 miles per charge. The Empulse Trio bikes are race bikes, not meant for riding with a passenger. The Enertia Plus can accommodate a passenger.
http://techcrunch.com/2010/10/19/brammo-enertia-plus-ev-motorcycle/

I think that's likely a misunderstanding, as Brammo still lists a maximum cargo weight of 276 lbs on their website. I don't know about you, but 276 pounds isn't really enough for me to take on a passenger : )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2010, 09:34:59 AM »
Yeah... that can't be right.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2010, 10:28:16 AM »
This model is gonna kill in Europe. Get this to Holland STAT...London too...no emissions taxes, no gas taxes.

Sadly it may take some time (and maybe the Enertia Plus Plus**) for American's to love this wonderful machine, but Europe will eat this puppy up NOW.

Gavin

**American's won't probably ever be truly happy...not in our genetic makeup...too competitive I think...so they will always want more...but once the Enertia gets to over 80 mph top speed and over 120 miles range, well then there will be little for even American's to complain about :)   and I'm a proud American saying that.

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2010, 01:27:14 PM »
Let's say you bought the Enertia shortly after the price drop was announced, around Dec 2009. The federal 10% rebate basically cancels out state tax
Actually, the sales tax was deductible.

I haven't been following the fine print on the various state tax credits / rebates, but it could also potentially be a no-cost upgrade if you can take advantage of additional tax credits a second time.
The Enertia wasn't eligible for the CA state rebate when I got it, so provided the new model is accredited that would be another 1500 iirc.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2010, 01:34:36 PM »
The state sales tax deduction ended January 2010 or thereabouts.

And yes, I'm bettin' that the Enertia Plus will be accredited by California, just like the Enertia was.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2010, 01:42:55 PM »
The state sales tax deduction ended January 2010 or thereabouts.
Interesting...so I got the sales tax back but not the state rebate but those that bought after March 2010 (iirc the date of the CA state rebate) got the rebate but didn't get the sales tax.

And yes, I'm bettin' that the Enertia Plus will be accredited by California, just like the Enertia was.

Just depends on Brammo doing the paperwork and taking the test (and assumes CA offers the rebate next year).