Brammo Empulse Discussion > Brammo Empulse

Guess the Specs....April 18th will decide the winner...

(1/4) > >>

Gavin:

--- Quote ---On April 18th we will announce full specifications
--- End quote ---

Ok, so we now know that specs are coming on the 18th....A Wednesday...

And the full reveal will be May 8th...A Tuesday...just to throw us off...

So what is your guess of the final specs

HP
Weight
Top speed
Battery pack
Price...

etc etc

Gavin

Deadly Silent Ninja:
I don't really know about the specs, but by the way they are talking in the video, they should be better than Zero's and better than last year's specs.

The price tag is the one worrying me a little bit, but I hope there will either be a cheaper option and/or a very nice payment plan...

00049 (AKA SopFu):
I heard there is going to be a factory NOS option.

;D

I think they'll stick close to the original specs:
40KW (60HP)
~430lbs for the 10 (transmission will compensate for any battery weight savings).
Top speed will be advertised at 100, but I'd be willing to bet with gearing it would do 115.
and I am going with $17k for the 10.

Gavin:
74 HP
467 pounds for the 8 battery pack 10
447 pounds for the 6 battery pack 7.5 (maybe)

Top speed will be posted as 100+.  (maybe 110+ if Brammo feels cocky)

16499 for the 10

14499 for the 7.5

All just guesses

Gavin

Ps....isn't Brammo making electric racebikes for the ttx series?

Maybe a fairing will be an option on the street version to mimic the racebike look.

protomech:
I think Brammo will offer a 5 module Empulse 6.7 kWh and a 7 module 9.3 kWh.

We know Enertia Plus is $11k at 6.2 kWh.

I'm guessing the extra hardware (liquid cooling, IET, 3 kW charger, bigger/stickier tires) will add around $3000 to the bike cost. Most of that is in the IET and bigger motor. Add $500 for the extra cells gets us to $14500.

Zero's battery pack upgrade (5.3 -> 7.9 kWh) is $2500, so let's say Brammo's pricing is the same (6.7 -> 9.3 kWh = +$2500).

Then we have Brammo's bikes:
$8k Enertia 3.1 kWh (not sure how they're going to pull this off .. 44v 70Ah?)
$11k Enertia Plus 6.2 kWh
$14.5k Empulse 6.7 kWh
$17k Empulse 9.3 kWh

Brammo wasn't super-aggressive with the Enertia Plus pricing, I don't expect them to be very aggressive here. The Empulse is a premium bike and is priced accordingly .. note that I'm basically keeping the same pricing as my earlier guess.

And the competition:
$7.7k Zero XU ZF3 2.6 kWh
$11.5k Zero S/DS ZF6 5.3 kWh
$14k Zero S/DS ZF9 7.9 kWh

Final production reveal in May, I assume we'll see the preorder confirmations going out around that time as well. That puts first deliveries in August, assuming they stick with their schedule.

Assuming Brammo delivers an Empulse 9.3 kWh for $17k in August, Hollywood Electrics will be right in a way. Brammo isn't delivering the 10 kWh $14k bike they were talking about in July 2010. But it surely will ship, and it's going to rock people's socks when it arrives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version