Author Topic: My new Empulse R Broke  (Read 2965 times)

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new Empulse R Broke
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 12:51:31 PM »
Cool thanks.... It's just such a teaser to have it for a week and not have it again for a while, I love my Enertia but the Empulse is different kind of thrill...   But I noticed I ride faster with the Enertia on the street because it's so quiet that the cops won't notice compared to the Empulse

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
My new Empulse R Broke
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2014, 08:33:52 AM »
Finally after more than a month if got back my bike, I'm very happy it's back and could definitely tell a big difference in the tranny, I guess what you guys felt when it was new is totally different from what I felt 5 times over but I was a bit disappointed when I got back my bike because:

1. The service guy that brought out my bike could get it to run because it threw a code.

2. After turning the key of and started another turn key cycle the bike finally got the code out that made the bike not  work but when they have it to me the chain was so loose that it was sagging down on the swing arm. ( so they had to wheel it in again and adjust the pitch)
3. I got the bike dirty, there were oil splash on the kick stand and the frame/swing arm and there was an oil smudge on the left rear part of the seat and water splash mark on the rear from them test riding the bike for about 55 miles and interesting enough I saw an employee go to the floor and grab an Enertia Plus and took off to buy something or whatever which made me wonder why my bike had 78miles when I bought it but they said it was received like that from Brammo because they do their safety test before handing it over which I doubt because when I got my Enertia it has less than 3 miles.

Oh well I'm just glad it's back and hope that code doesn't show up again.

I also had to re route the speed sensor wire because it was wrong I just based it on the old zip tie marks and photos to get it back to how it's suppose to be.

I hate to rant... I love my Brammo's but I just really don't like Bartels way of handling things.

I got a letter from them yesterday saying thank you for purchasing your Harley Davidson blah blah and it was personally signed too but on a generic letter not paying attention on what Bike I bought

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: My new Empulse R Broke
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:08 PM »
Dear Bartels:

If a customer does his or research to the degree that they've decided to purchase a Brammo Empulse R motorcycle, you can trust that they are passionate in their decision. Therefore, when they receive a signed letter from you congratulating them on their purchase of a Harley, well, let me see if I can put this in terms you might understand, ah yes, I have it now: It sucks.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: My new Empulse R Broke
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2014, 03:00:29 PM »
Some dealers are awesome. Both established ICE dealers branching out to electrics and new dealers.

Some dealers make you realize why Tesla is pushing hard for a direct sales / service model ..

Sorry you're having trouble werm_works.. I'd be surprised if Brammo put 70 miles on your bike before delivery.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/