Author Topic: Volta city electric motorcycle  (Read 658 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Volta city electric motorcycle
« on: March 03, 2015, 10:18:31 AM »
The Volta design looks like it has been finalized, along with the specifications and price.  Personally I like the looks of the Volta.  Kind of like a modernized version of the Brammo Enertia.  It should make a good city commuter though - if the price is right for the European market.  But it wouldn't sell in the U.S. as the power and range are years behind what the market is looking for.  It should perform about the same as the original Enertia, I imagine.  I wonder how well the base Enertia sold in Europe and how its price compared with the Volta's?

http://cleanrider.com/europe-volta-finally-coming/
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Volta city electric motorcycle
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2015, 10:32:59 AM »
Nice looking bike, hopefully it sells.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 01:33:53 AM »
Clean design.

3 kWh battery? Ouch!

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 02:56:45 AM »
The Volta design looks like it has been finalized, along with the specifications and price.  Personally I like the looks of the Volta.  Kind of like a modernized version of the Brammo Enertia.  It should make a good city commuter though - if the price is right for the European market.  But it wouldn't sell in the U.S. as the power and range are years behind what the market is looking for.  It should perform about the same as the original Enertia, I imagine.  I wonder how well the base Enertia sold in Europe and how its price compared with the Volta's?

http://cleanrider.com/europe-volta-finally-coming/
Without a top case the bike will not sell.
Price is 1500 euro too high also.

This bike can only sell if it makes economic sense. That should be it's asset. Right now I have my doubts.

European cities means people living in apartments. So buyers of this bike will be depending on public charging infrastructure. A lot of cities are still lacking a good coverage.

Once you go EV, gas is history!