Author Topic: Empulse Two-Up Pics  (Read 1093 times)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Empulse Two-Up Pics
« on: December 13, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »
Are there any photos of the Empulse with two riders other than the promo video? I'm wondering how high up the pillion rider will be with that seat design. I know the promo video showed the passenger on the downslope, but I just figured that was Steve-O giving improper advice to the gorgeous model for his own gain. :)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: Empulse Two-Up Pics
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 01:20:15 AM »
Nice catch!  Steve and his "partner" are definitely not maximizing the space available on the seat in that shot!  The intent is to ride on the raised portion behind the rider.  Here's a photo that shows the proper positioning...

Regarding the handles, they are required to classify the bike as passenger capable, but they are rarely used, with most passengers preferring to hold on to the rider.
Richard #935 #595 #44

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:37:59 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot about that picture. Looks just about perfect, although she looks to be a good deal shorter than him. My SO is my height, so she may be up a little high.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
I also think those passenger pegs could be a bit lower to accomodate longer legs...
Once you go EV, gas is history!

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 08:34:52 PM »
My '91 VFR always got pretty good response from passengers.  Especially if they had previously ridden on the race replica sport bikes.