Author Topic: 12v battery? BMS control?  (Read 818 times)

Regis188

• View Profile
    • Email
12v battery? BMS control?
« on: July 17, 2022, 03:41:00 PM »
Hey Guys,

I checked the forum but didn't see any problems like I am experiencing. 

My bike was fully charged.  At around 75% charge an error popped up saying the voltage was low, needed to be serviced.  I didn't get the error code because I was busy at work.  ( I use the bike for work, like the photo below)

the bike made it until about 30% charged and then in a run, h bike shut off under power.  If you cycle the key it will turn back on and go.  However,  under full load it shuts off again.

When the charger is plugged in, the charger says it is charging.  the bike however, shows no amps and the time until fully charged stays the same.
There re three lights on the dash.  One is the yellow charging light and the other two are the red and flashing.  (battery and lightning bolt)

If I turn the bike on right now it will initiate the start sequence and go.  almost like the BMS has died.  is there a 12v battery in the BMS system?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 04:03:18 PM by Regis188 »

Regis188

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 12v battery? BMS control?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2022, 03:55:10 PM »
Hey Guys,

I checked the forum but didn't see any problems like I am experiencing. 

My bike was fully charged.  At around 75% charge an error popped up saying the voltage was low, needed to be serviced.  I didn't get the error code because I was busy at work.  ( I use the bike for work, like the photo above)

the bike made it until about 30% charged and then in a run, h bike shut off under power.  If you cycle the key it will turn back on and go.  However,  under full load it shuts off again.

When the charger is plugged in, the charger says it is charging.  the bike however, shows no amps and the time until fully charged stays the same.
There re three lights on the dash.  One is the yellow charging light and the other two are the red and flashing.  (battery and lightning bolt)

If I turn the bike on right now it will initiate the start sequence and go.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2022, 04:00:59 PM by Regis188 »

EV promise

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2022, 12:02:58 AM »
Hi Regis188, there's no 12v battery. My advice would be to remove the seat and take out the data logger. Download the entries just before and after the fault occurred. If you not able to read the ..CHG file or .DRV file then post it on here and we'll read it.
Also the charger has 3 fuses, have you checked those?
Brammo Empulse R 2014
Aprilia Shiver 900 2018
Ducati 750SS 1997

Regis188

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2022, 01:12:48 PM »
Hey there,

Got the USB Drive,  is there a needed program to open the file on my PC? 

Sorry for the ignorance, just trying to Gert it to open to show what I got and its not opening.

EV promise

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2022, 03:07:47 AM »
Hi, this link from Hades Omega B40 post page 3 by KaFr has the converter file.If it helps.
 Michalel published a converter of log files to ecxel spreadsheet on his website today (Empulse_Log_File_Converter.zip):

http://www.environ-systems.com/brammo-empulse-r.html

The converter changes the Brammo files to a .CSV file that can be read using Excel. I freeze the top line we there can be slot of data. I also save them as a Excel file as this save the column widths etc. Hope this helps.
Brammo Empulse R 2014
Aprilia Shiver 900 2018
Ducati 750SS 1997