Author Topic: Breaks my heart to write this, but  (Read 1803 times)

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Breaks my heart to write this, but
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2014, 07:45:24 PM »
Beautiful bike!  Those mirrors look really interesting, how well do they work?  Most of the press photos have them turned in so they look like they're great for examining your wrists.

"Gelato flavored terrible decision"?  How so?  Learn from Homer:

Homer: [Something about sex or buying a hot bike or something...]
Mindy: Oh, Well, we don't have to.
Homer: Yes we do.  The cookie told me so!
Mindy: Well.  Desserts aren't always right.
Homer: But they're so sweet.

At 100 lbs lighter

[cough]dry weight[/cough]
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2014, 04:08:11 AM »
Thanks for the pic and sharing your thought process. That IS a purty machine. At 100 lbs lighter and 125 HP, yes, I imagine it WILL go! Interesting, the Empulse still has it beat on torque: 90 Nm vs. 81 Nm.

We'll have to trade for a ride anytime you want another Empulse fix!

A friend recently sent me some quotes from the late Car Talk host, Tom Magliozzi. I thought this one might offer some perspective on your recent experience:

"If money can fix it, it's not a problem."

Hahaha!  Yep, well NOTHING manages to touch the Empulse in terms of the ability to suddenly no longer be in one place, and instead be in another place very quickly.  It actually changes my riding habits on the commute because I no longer have the confidence of "I can instantly be going WAY faster then everybody else."  Also haha the MV definitely feels like it wants to point its front wheel at the sky all the time, so I can't just pin the throttle whenever I want to merge or whatever.

And yes, I will absolutely take you up on a ride swap one of these days!

Beautiful bike!  Those mirrors look really interesting, how well do they work?  Most of the press photos have them turned in so they look like they're great for examining your wrists.

Well . . . the mirrors are actually really cool, and I love that the bike has lever guards from the factory.  They're also way better visibility than the normal Brutale mirrors, which basically just showed me my elbows.

However, the mirrors are way too wide for lanesplitting use.  I think the mounting place on the lever guard is neat though; I might try mounting some CRG Arrows or similar in the same spot, but pointed up/inwards?

Also I've definitely experienced the very first bit of Italian 'character' already: the license plate illuminator LED appears to no longer work after ~150 miles of ownership.  Haaaahahaha.

opfietse

• View Profile
    • My race site
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2014, 04:19:11 AM »
I recognize the mirror problem with lane splitting. My Hypermotard has the same setup. Luckily enough the cagers can't chase you when you hit their mirror! Visibility is always good though, you never see your elbows :-)

(BTW nice piece of orange on the right side of the picture :-) )
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 04:39:59 AM by opfietse »
MuZ Skorpion Replica - Ducati Scrambler 1100 - Ducati Monster 1100 EVO - Brammo Empulse R

http://www.opfietse.net/mr-racing/