Author Topic: Dealing with the Clunk  (Read 5483 times)

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Dealing with the Clunk
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 10:59:39 PM »
Flar makes some good points as well.  The shifting technique can also lessen the "impact" (ha!) of this backlash.  I'll try to get a video of a proper upshift to show how smooth and gearbox friendly it can be.  I'll have to get creative with the GoPro cameras...

(Waking up an old thread due to a nagging memory...) Brian, did you ever get around to making those videos?  (Not that I have any great ideas on the creative videography required there...)
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2013, 02:56:26 PM »
Flar makes some good points as well.  The shifting technique can also lessen the "impact" (ha!) of this backlash.  I'll try to get a video of a proper upshift to show how smooth and gearbox friendly it can be.  I'll have to get creative with the GoPro cameras...

(Waking up an old thread due to a nagging memory...) Brian, did you ever get around to making those videos?  (Not that I have any great ideas on the creative videography required there...)

Not yet. Greensprings Highway had snow up at the top until the last 2-3 weeks.  I've done some rides up there recently, but usually leading a group, so not the best for video.  This is just the excuse needed to charge up there on my own.  It'll have to wait until next week though, 'cause we're leaving for the track tomorrow morning! 

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #47 on: May 02, 2013, 03:29:16 PM »
Good luck and race fast!
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/