Author Topic: Feher ACH-1 air conditioned helmet  (Read 365 times)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Feher ACH-1 air conditioned helmet
« on: August 23, 2018, 10:29:49 AM »
Here is the latest in air conditioned helmets.  In spite of what it says in the title, this is not the first AC helmet. There was one on the market some years ago that used a solid-state cooling system, however I don't think it worked very well. No doubt this one will work better - if you don't mind plugging it into your motorcycle's power port each time you get on your bike. And don't forget to unplug it before getting off. Not too bad of a price, though. Now all they have to do is to install a camera/Blue-tube device in the chin section to balance out the helmet weight.

http://blog.motorcycle.com/2018/08/22/motorcycle-news/feher-ach-1-worlds-first-self-contained-air-conditioned-motorcycle-helmet/
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Feher ACH-1 air conditioned helmet
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2018, 03:16:54 PM »
Looks cool! Pun intended.

During an Alps tour, I was the only rider in the group that had a water-soaked cooling vest as we entered Italian valleys that hit 100F. I feared for my safety from the other sweltering riders!

The vest lasted about an hour  between soakings (covered by a open-mesh Motoport kevlar coat). It didn't require electrical power.

I found that if I could keep my torso cool, my head was happy to go along for the ride.