Brammo Enertia Discussion > Brammo Enertia Mods

Roan's mods

<< < (2/5) > >>

Auslander:
Not to be a wet blanket, but I'd heavily research any HID kit before buying.  Many retrofit kits don't place the light source in the sweet spot of the reflector and can produce an amazingly bright light that is totally not focused and doesn't actually provide better illumination, sometimes providing worse, and blinding oncoming drivers.

One source of many reviews and discussions on the topic:
http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/bulbs/Hid/conversions/conversions.html
Includes a ton of source links, vid, etc.

Roan:
@Auslander. Thanks for your reply and warning.

The xenon light is a try-out. I will test ride it and prevent blinding any oncoming traffic ofcourse.

Auslander:
Very welcome!  I researched HID kits of various origin for my old Jeep, and aside from the unprofessional "They're great, they're superbright!" reports from users, few had technical evaluations.  Once I started finding that data, it got rather dodgy across the board.  For example, IIRC, only one brand of ballast was remotely close to waterproof (they mounted in the engine compartment, not inside a sealed headlight housing) so that was rather important.  I wound up going with new reflectors/lenses and high efficiency Phillips bulbs.

Roan:
Next mod completed. I replaced the standard Delta Electronic fans by much quiter ones from Papst, type 612MI, 60x60x25mm. They produce only 16 dB at 2400 RPM. Better than the ear bleeding 65 dB of the originals.

I used the same 2 bolts per fan. But I had to schorten them because they came too far into the flow case. The wires needed to be soldered and I used double layer shrink sleeve.

An idea of Gerhard and Rollmops
http://e-motorraeder.xobor.de/t46f9-Brammo-Enertia-Erfahrungsbericht.html#msg116

Roan:
Due to the firm suspension the jiffy frequently clacks when passing speed bumps or put holes. It irritated me and so I made it my next mod to fix this.

My solution is to fill up the space between the jiffy contacts with rubber and plastic. I cut the inner tube of a bicycle wheel to the width of the contact and slided it over the sidestand. Covering the contact does not affected the functionality.

The clacking noise was also increased by the two springs. To prevent this I wrapped both springs. The outer spring became a transparent tube from a water hose and for the smaller inner spring I used the thin outer isolation of a coax cable.

Result:

Slideshow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version