The Brammo Buying Experience > Taxes, Incentives, Advantages

State by State Incentives website?

(1/2) > >>

SamM:
Is there a website that lists incentives state by state? It looks like West Virginia offers a $3750 tax credit for alternative-fuel vehicles of 10,000 lbs or less. If that's true, then I am definiately interested in purchasing a Brammo Enertia.

Again, thanks for any help!

SamM

Brammofan:
Hi Sam -

This would be a good place to start the search:
http://www.afdc.energy.gov/afdc/fuels/electricity_laws.html

I don't see anything like that incentive you mention for West Virginia, though.  What's your source?

SamM:
Brammofan,
It appears that these incentives expired in 2006. Recently, heard that they renewed the program but I can't find anything about it. Electric powered vehicles are covered. I'm trying very hard to justify this purchase! Sometimes you've just got to say... what the hay!

SamM

http://www.whybuyhybrid.com/West-Vairginia-Hybrid-vehicle-purchase-Tax-Incentives.htm

Brammofan:
Well, maybe this will help with the justification.  It is from BrammoBrian's signature on another forum.  He updates it with his current mileage:

--- Quote ---Brian Wismann
Director of Product Development for Brammo, Inc.
www.brammo.com

Current Enertia (personal) Mileage: 1,854 miles
Gallons of gas NOT consumed (19 mpg city): 97.6 gal
Trips to gas station avoided (14.5 gal tank): 7
Money saved on (premium $2.95/gal) gas: $287.85USD
Estimated Electricity Cost (@ $.01/mile): $18.54
--- End quote ---

See... you're saving money with every trip, and your saving the environment.  What the hey?

SamM:
Well, I already ride a motorcycle and my yearly fuel cost to commute is around $480. The payback for buying the Enertia is about 15 years for me. Since I have a zero carbon footprint already, it's kind of hard to justify. My out of pocket will be $9000 and that will buy a lot of fuel. My worry is that gasoline supplies will be cut or stopped and I'll be left walking 18.9 miles to work. Of course, that's a worst case scenario but it could happen. I'm currently building a diesel powered motorcycle that will get over 125+ mpg. It would cost a lot less to finish that project up.

The cool factor has me really wanting the Enertia though!

SamM 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version