Author Topic: Adjusting the Empulse seating/foot pegs to fit taller riders  (Read 1283 times)

mmcguire

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
Are there any super tall folks in here?

Do any of you find the seating position on the Empulse/Empulse R to be a bit cramped for the legs due to the seat height and position of the foot pegs?

A customer in Hong Kong (about 6'5") is asking if there are any mods that can be done or adjustments that can be made that will loosen up the cramping of the leg position. 

Ive asked the factory but thought Id also throw a line out to the crowd.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Matt

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Adjusting the Empulse seating/foot pegs to fit taller riders
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2014, 10:37:39 PM »
When I got a custom seat made by Bill Mayer Saddles, I asked them to raise the seat height, both for the comfort of my legs and in order to be able to add more foam for my butt. It helped my leg comfort quite a bit.

I notice they have a custom seat that you can add on top of your regular saddle, and that it comes in low, medium and tall profiles.

http://billmayer-saddles.com/ergo/

You might want to give them a call and chat with "Rocky" (Bill Mayer). Most likely he will remember my bike, its seat pan with its weird rise (to accommodate the charger), and will have some ideas for you.

Another cheaper solution (but probably not as comfortable) is an AirHawk air cushion.

http://www.airhawk.net/airhawk-r.aspx

I tried one, but didn't like the lack of stability. It felt "squirmy."

Lowering the pegs would keep your overall center of gravity lower, but at the expense of less clearance in the corners.

mmcguire

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Adjusting the Empulse seating/foot pegs to fit taller riders
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 08:14:38 PM »
Thanks for the advice Shinysideup.  Ill have a look into these seats and keep my eyes open for additional options.  If I find some alternative ideas Ill post them here for others to consider.