Author Topic: Hazard Lights  (Read 1047 times)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Hazard Lights
« on: June 04, 2014, 11:39:14 PM »
I'd like to add hazard lights, aka, 4-way flashers. I've needed them at night and the freeway is scary without them.

In reading online, it seems I can buy a switch and a flasher unit and wire something up on my own, but then I ran across the Kisan Signalminder which not only promises 4-ways, but also will remember to cancel my turn signals when I forget to. This would a useful safety feature for my daily urban riding.

The problem is that the product selector tool on the website does not include Brammo as a make of motorcycle. Big surprise!

So my question is, does anyone know if the Kisan unit can plug and play nice with the existing Brammo electronics, and, if so, what make of model of motorcycle does the Empulse's OEM flasher unit most resemble?

Thanks in advance. - Bill

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Hazard Lights
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 12:49:17 AM »
I will probably mod the bike to have a hazard light function too when I get it. The way I had done it with the Vectrix was really simple and required only a switch. What worked on a Vectrix may not work on a Brammo but its worth a try!
Just install a switch that triggers both the left and right indicators simultaneously. The Vectrix has a CAN BUS system so if the Brammo does the same all you need is a switch and some wire.

Once you go EV, gas is history!

Once you go EV, gas is history!