The Brammo Buying Experience > Taxes, Incentives, Advantages

California

<< < (2/3) > >>

Kelly Olsen:
Isn't that really stupid. The first year a really plug in electric car (Nissan Leaf) is available from a main stream maker that costs less than $120,000 (Tesla) the fund for a rebate might go dry before the cars can even be sold.

Richard230:
For those of that want to take advantage of the California EV incentive rebate, there is still money in the pot.  I mailed my application for a rebate for the purchase of my 2012 Zero S on February 13 and received a reply on February 15 from the California Center for Sustainable Energy informing me that my application was approved and I would be receiving a $900 check within 60 days.

The response came so fast, I got the feeling that they don't have much to do down at their office in San Diego right now.   ???

Richard230:
I just received a check for $900 for the purchase of my 2012 Zero.  :)  I think the amount of the rebate is the same for the Enertia. It took just over a month to receive the rebate from the "California Center for Sustainable Energy" (catchy title, huh?) after I received an email notification that it had been approved. 

flar:
I noticed that the rebate form asks:

--- Quote ---For eligible zero-emission motorcycles (ZEMs) ..., evidence of sealed maintenance-free batteries (if lead acid) and a 24-month warranty.
--- End quote ---

Has anyone submitted to CVRP for an Empulse yet?  What did you include for that part of the materials?

Note that the Empulse is listed as a ZEM on the CVRP web site with an asterisk which declares in a footnote:

--- Quote ---* These rebate amounts only apply to vehicles with sealed, maintenance-free batteries and extended warranties as described on the program manual.
--- End quote ---

The program manual indicates that ZEMs must "complete the ZEM evaluation procedure in Attachment C" which has forms and big complicated testing procedures that must be performed in Pomona...huh?

flar:
OK, I found a phone number and just got off the phone with CVRP.

The representative said that they should be able to determine eligibility of the Empulse from their own records since it comes with a 2-year warranty standard and has no lead acid batteries specified.

Unfortunately my form came with the model listed as "Enertia Empulse" and I pointed out to him that the Enertia only came with a 1-year warranty and Brammo has a special deal for CA residents to purchase the second year so that they can apply for the rebate - so if any confusion was created there then they might think I needed to prove the second year warranty.  He offered to fix the model listed on my form in house and told me that I don't need to worry about it (though I could also cross it off on the version I was mailing in just in case).

So, it looks like you don't need to worry about those clauses but you should double-check they have the right model listed or they may wonder where your extended warranty paperwork is...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version