General > Victory Empulse

sevcon can & dash/vcu can adapter

(1/2) > >>

Korbin Dallas:
https://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=3009.msg22092#msg22092

I am using this to build the connector for the dash/vcu so I can run the victory diagnostic software after the bike is reassembled.
I ordered from Mouser and the stuff is in stock. $17.25 including shipping and tax for the pieces to build it plus extra pins incase of a mishap.
I started a new topic so this is more easily found for the Victory.
If anyone one already done this and has more input please post for future members

thanks

EV promise:
I bought/ downloaded the parts to make the connection but never assembled them. I have the Victory Diagnostic software v2.20 on my laptop. (I use this to read the log files and save them, watch rides and charging) , an Ixxat usb to CAN V2 compact interface and a D serial lead plus the bike connection. The interface I bought isn't automotive decoupled ( so much money!!) but I thought running it from a battery operated laptop would still be fine. I've not put that to the test. There's a recommendation somewhere not to connect to the dash!.
Several members have connected their bikes so will be interested to hear.
PS the Victory program runs on my Windows XP machine and my Windows 10 64bit machine.

Korbin Dallas:
I have Victory EV diagnostics 2.20 but it wont run, it just flashes on my screen for about a second then goes off.(Windows 11 and Windows 10 both 64bit) When I was at Polaris they said it had to have a bike plugged into run the software. EV promise can you list all the parts that you bought and where you got them?

EV promise:
Hi, yes, only being on the screen for a moment is normal, however at the top right there's a button to load logs. You have to select ridding log as it defaults to charging logs. Once a file is open much more of the screen comes alive including save as CSV. There's still a blank area however and I imagine this respond when a bike is connected. I can attach screen shots.
Going back a moment , too update a battery board firmware did you need to connect any of the interlock to ground please.  Pin 6 on a Brammo board. Thanks.

EV promise:
Just a though, for the software to run, you need MiniMon V3 from Ixxat and N I Max from National Instruments on your computer. I bought the USB to CAN V2 compact from L C Automation here in the UK. Just over two hundred pounds, so not cheap. The three way kit 12129615 with terminals was from Auto Click UK. The D serial lead I had, left over from a mouse or joystick from twenty years or more ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version