Author Topic: My BrammoBlog....  (Read 19402 times)

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: My BrammoBlog....
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2013, 03:43:29 PM »
Looks like the high temps really helped your range.

On the trip down, my calculations show that you achieved 81.8% of a mile per 1% of battery charge used. (I.e. predicted range of 81.8 miles using 100% of the battery)

On the way back, starting with 55% SOC and ending with 4% SOC, you achieved 88.2% of a mile per 1% of battery charge used.

These figures match the BEST I've ever achieved, and that's running below 40 mph, in town, careful accelerations and stops, in Normal mode. My temps are usually around 60F.

My median over 50 trips involving high speeds daily, is 64.3% of a mile per 1% of charge, or a 64 mile range.

My wife wants to move to ABQ, so maybe I too can enjoy more range! But then I'd have to sweat :P

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2013, 05:10:58 PM »
Yes...this is one of my soon to be blog posts...Walter White likes it HOT. I am very consistent in the city. 100 miles on a charge; plus or minus a couple. Well the week it was over 100 degrees all week (and doing it again this week) I was getting almost 120 miles of city riding to a charge. Same route, same speeds, same driver.

I figure in Phoenix I could go 130-140 miles on a charge...but who would want to ride when it's 115 degrees?

Gavin

doing my high temp testing for Brammo...they owe me big time for the stroke I had last week :)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2013, 05:15:27 PM »
ps...pretty helmets. think I'm getting the black and white boz helmet to go with the black and white Empulse R

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2013, 03:11:43 PM »
new blog...one of 4 i have planned over the next week...

http://brammoblog.com/2013/06/29/the-mothership-connection-beam-me-up-adrian/

Gavin

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2013, 03:20:29 PM »
Aww man, I am going to have to take a trip to Mecca Ashland someday.  And they gave you an Icon/Brammo jacket?  You sir, are a lucky duck.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #185 on: July 03, 2013, 04:17:58 PM »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #186 on: July 16, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »
3rd blog of 4...

http://brammoblog.com/2013/07/16/do-you-know-the-way-to-santa-fe-brammo-blog-goes-riding/

obviously I didn't make the self imposed deadline of 4 in a week.

Sigh, I am a slacker. Though I was busy with a birth of a grandson and little things like that.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2013, 12:07:44 PM »
Hold this spot. BrammoBlog is writing some breaking news at this very moment. Being a pest and constantly snooping had uncovered something new and exciting.

G

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #189 on: July 28, 2013, 10:28:28 AM »
Will take a few days to write up, but the next blog is about Ride The Future Tour's trip to Albuquerque.

Sadly I didn't take a lot of photos as I was too busy being filmed riding up and down Sandia Mountain. Also spent time being filmed talking to Ben about Electric Motorcyles while sitting at 10,639 feet and over looking Albuquerque. I bet the video is beautiful...again, too busy for my own photos :(

Being filmed isn't quite as fun as it seems. "We need to do that again because a kid was screaming in the background." "We need to do that again because your mic wasn't working." "We need to film you walking this direction." "We need to film you walking that direction."

The film crew seemed to be having fun...and there was some crazy stuff while filming Ben and I riding on the twisties. I just wish a real rider was doing these corners and not some old man who hasn't dragged a knee since he proposed to his wife...

But it was fun...though much longer than I thought the day would go. "Honey, should be home around 2:30." Gavin walks in at 7:30 to a few dirty looks...

And I totally missed Ride The Future Tour's party downtown at the convention center...but then so do the film crew and Ben and his Zero motorcycle.

Gavin
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 10:30:54 AM by Gavin »

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
My BrammoBlog....
« Reply #190 on: July 28, 2013, 12:09:14 PM »
Love it!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #191 on: August 31, 2013, 09:21:33 AM »
When I get home I will have to write about this trip...

G

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 31, 2013, 01:54:32 PM »
I'd be careful, Gavin... it looks as though that helmet might draw lightning out of those thunderheads! :o
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 12:36:45 AM by Shinysideup »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #193 on: September 01, 2013, 10:44:20 PM »
Ha...there is soooooo much lightning up there this time of year with the summer monsoons in full effect. I easily saw 100 lightning bolts in the two days i was up there. I was doing some riding at over 8000 feet on some flat mesa sections and was often the tallest object around and thought a few times, "I wonder if this big electric motor and mass of batteries will attract or repel lightning?"

I'm pretty sure it won't repel the lightning so I did limit some of my riding when the storms moved overhead.

G

« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:47:15 PM by Gavin »

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 02, 2013, 01:38:11 PM »
Lightning can be really beautiful!

Once you go EV, gas is history!