Will we see this rumored Enertia 2.0, Enertia Plus, Enertia EX

A) Before the Empulse
B) After the Empulse
C) At the same time as the Empulse
D) What's an Enertia Plus?

Gavin

Gavin:
My guess is this...

The changes will be fairly minimal. A bit more battery, a bit better battery management...maybe water cooling. And some new colors.

So it isn't a total reboot like the Empulse. Less testing and parts and such...

So Enertia 2.0 in Spring (April? Would love sooner, but can deal with April :) )
And Empulse 1.0 in Summer.

All just guesses.

Gavin

protomech:
If it uses the same battery tech as the Empulse, then probably around the same time. Maybe a little after to maximize the impact of the Empulse. (hm, impact => Empact?)

Also interesting to me: will Empulse and Enertia 2.0 feature assemblies manufactured by Flextronics, or will the initial release of the bikes be built by Brammo?

Gavin:
I don't think the next Enertia is getting the Empulse pack...though I could be wrong.

It would be great if it did....The Enertia with a 6 or even 8 pack would be outstanding. 8 would be hard to fit....6 shouldn't be too hard if you widen the very narrow Enertia by a couple of inches.

But I see them doing a bit of a reboot of the Enertia pack...a bit more density, a bit better management, a bit bigger (3.1 to 4...maybe 5, but that would be hard to do without increasing bike width--though as I said, making the Enertia a inch or two wider in the pack area would be fine)...Then a couple of other small changes and boom, Enertia plus that goes farther and a bit faster (60 miles range, 70 or 75 mph top speed), but almost exactly the same bike. Still made in house for the next six month to a year.

Of course all guesses, and wild ones at that....and partially because I agree that if they use the same pack that the Enertia might come out later than the Empulse...and I would like it to come sooner :)

Gavin

protomech:
Alright, trying to figure out if I'm going mad, or someone's playing a game : )

We used to have a thread with speculation as to the next Enertia's name. Enertia 2.0, Enertia Plus, etc? That thread seems to be gone, or it only existed in my imagination.. can't find it.

Also, someone's blog had posted about the Brammo Enertia Plus straight from the horse's mouth: following a trip to Brammo HQ and what seemed like official confirmation directly from Brammo to them. That blog post is now.. gone : )

I rushed to the intertubes when I read that blog post, but saw noone else mentioning the new bike. So either they were outrageously fibbing, or they pulled the post possibly after realizing it was too early .. or as mentioned earlier, I'm going mad!

Edit: I'm not mad. My RSS reader cached the post. So there you go, third-hand confirmation that the Enertia Plus is on its way.. and perhaps sooner rather than later.. maybe it'll even be the last surprise revealed in September. Tick tock tick tock ..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version