Author Topic: Victory Empulse Handlebars vs Brammo Empulse  (Read 683 times)

gwdestination11

• View Profile
Victory Empulse Handlebars vs Brammo Empulse
« on: March 11, 2020, 03:32:20 PM »
My son recently put our 2013 Brammo Empulse on it's side and the aftermath was a broken clutch  lever and fluid reservoir, broken turn signal control bracket and bent handlebars. Long story short all the parts I ordered from Polaris for a 2017 Victory Empulse TT are an exact fit except for the handlebars. The Victory Empulse TT handlebar risers hold a  1" handlebar vice 7/8" and the Brammo is 7/8"( I think they changed this because the brammo has a molded brammo emblem on the bracket holding the risers). The Victory handlebars are 1"  where the risers would clamp down to the bike  and then taper down to 7/8". So all the controls on the handlebars are interchangeable but the bars themselves are not. Now I am buying and aftermarket set of bars the only tough part will be drilling the alignment holes in the right place so everything sits right. The clamp for the clutch, signal controls and the throttle all have alignment holes that will need to be drilled before I can reinstall them. I guess I could change out the riser bracket clamps to 1" but I think i would have to move/remove a lot of wiring to get to them. The aftermarket bars are about $100 cheaper but i was willing to pay that not to have to try and drill the alignment holes and risk not being happy with the alignment. 

HadesOmega

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Victory Empulse Handlebars vs Brammo Empulse
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2020, 04:25:25 AM »
Alignment holes?  Are you talking about where the pegs go into the holes to keep them from moving/rotating?  You can always just shave the pegs down.  put some electrical tape if it's kinda loose.
2016 Victory Empulse TT - #139

gwdestination11

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 10:13:15 PM »
I ended up making paper templates using the old bars and transferred where the holes were on the old bars to the new bars and drilled the holes. Worked good and it is nice having the tabs they help keep the controls on the bars from sliding or drooping without overtightening them.

siai47

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 10:59:02 PM »
I changed the bars on my Zero SR/F to a taller, wider bar.  It has a similar bar to the Victory Empulse, which is a 1 inch at the clamp tapering to 7/8 inch at the controls.  I used a Pro Taper bar from their adventure series.  The adventure "high" bar worked out just right for me.  There were several holes to be drilled and two small 4 mm tapped holes that needed to be added.  Not a problem, just some measurements and double checks and all went off without a hitch.  I hadn't thought about that bar on my Victory but I might take a look at it for that bike.  The riding position on the Zero is a bit aggressive for an old geezer like me but the Empulse is a little more relaxed and upright in comparison.